Sign in to follow this  
slick2500

What is a good place to buy Windows 8.1 cdkey

I'd like to know more about those cheap key sites...

I wouldn't ever buy a MS Windows key from eBay.  I made that mistake in the past and while they worked for a while they were both eventually black listed.

i'll just post this.   http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine/what-to-look-for

Accroding to microsoft if you don't get a coa sticker the product is not legitimate.  I can't say that buying keys from those types of sites is honest so i recommend just paying the $90 for oem windows.

I bought a copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft and I didn't get a COA so does that mean they are selling illegitimate copies of Windows?

go2keys.com seems be a site with a lot of positive feedback.

That site looks just like the pay4keys one that I posted. The prices are pretty much the same anyway.

I guess I'm not getting how those sites can sell a legit key for 1/3 the price of Newegg, Amazon or MS.

Some of them come from people that have MSDN accounts, some from students and some from who knows where. I have bought keys like this in the past and only had one issue when the person that sold it let the account expire. One quick phone call to MS got it fixed for me though, got my money back from the seller and a new free key from MS. I have even found keys from companies that buy laptops and do not like the OS that was included so they sell off the keys.

So basically they're coming through the back door but are nonetheless legit.

Some of them come from people that have MSDN accounts, some from students and some from who knows where. I have bought keys like this in the past and only had one issue when the person that sold it let the account expire. One quick phone call to MS got it fixed for me though, got my money back from the seller and a new free key from MS. I have even found keys from companies that buy laptops and do not like the OS that was included so they sell off the keys.

AKA not legal.