Need Some Mobo Advice

soyo icky.

used to "sell" them when I worked at compusa. put them under the rest of the boards in the showcase to cut down on returns of them (if they don't get bought they can't get returned, thus making more work for me to rma them)

My only problem with getting a RAID controller card is that a good one (highpoint or Promise) will run me $70 to $80, half the cost of the DFI board! But suppose I go that route, what is a good OC'ing board with RAID?

Thanks!

I have just the thing for you. I'm selling my KT400 board for $40 ( http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?act=ST&f=8&t=19794 ) and it has everything you listed except RAID, but you can get an ATA RAID PCI card for $17: http://www.opsinas.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=260 . Anyway, the board will OC, but depending on what lengths you're willing to go with it would determine how good of an OC you get

InvaderTrax, nothing personal, but I hate buying used stuff because of really bad experiences, but I do appreciate the offer :-) As for OC'ing, on my old system I just upped the FSB to 166 (Athlon 2100 TBred) and upped the CPU voltage, and did some RAM OC'ing...

I've found a board I like....an Abit NF7. I can get one for about $60....anyone used on of those? I know that Abit is a good brand, but that's about it.

personally, u should get the lesser version of the DFI NFII lanparty, the Ultra Infinity. i cannot support this board enough... its like 50 dollars cheaper than the lanparty (50 will get u a decent controller card huh?) and it still has all the o/cing capabilities as its bigger brother. i would definetly look that route if i were you....