Sign in to follow this  
ShadowPaktu

Looks Like Occ May Have To Make Another Forum

I dont have much info, but Microsoft are planning a new version of Bios, their version of it will replace the current antique system and put them in full of control of your pc? strange, and yet sounds quite daring, but if anyone knows more give me a bell.

basically it would be putting windows on the bios chip... much like what you see on a pocket pc handheld. I dunno, it may take off, then again it may meet such harsh oposition that it'll just go away.

I dont have much info, but Microsoft are planning a new version of Bios, their version of it will replace the current antique system and put them in full of control of your pc? strange, and yet sounds quite daring, but if anyone knows more give me a bell.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/newscommen...rticle=7279484&

ty d3bruts1d, have to admit, they want to scrap a perfectly fine system and replace it with there own? only exception i may see would be from PCI2 to PCI express, but there were benefits in that, i wonder what would be the benefits of this system?

Like a Palm OS, if they made put the core files on a ROM chip, so that if your comp was infected with a virus, or you wanted to wipe everything and start over, you just switch a jumper, and Windows resets itself much like the Palm OS... Would be kinda neat, unless Microsoft decided to use a software setting instead of a physical MOBO jumper.... ewww....

well i think that's sorta cool in that it would run much faster off the rom, right?, but a question...

if you bought a new mobo, would windows come preloaded on the bios chip, and if so, does that mean it's like getting the OS for free, or would we now have to be paying $100-200 extra for our mobos? If it means free windows for life, then i'm all for it :)

(link didn't work for me, d3)

Well, I think how it would work at first is that you could run in both ways, with BIOS and EFI, however the problem for some people would be that it would give MS ALL your hw info. I dont like that.

And I dont think that you would get the EFI preloaded with ms stuff, and if they did, I would hope that they would not charge extra for it.

I don't like MS being on my HDD.... really don't like the idea of MS bing on or in my BIOS.

Though, it'll only be a few days after it's released till someone hacks it and has a BIOS running Linux. :P