I...I think it's time for a 30"

IVIYTH0S

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mah monitor just goes blank and shows an out of range message when trying 2048x1536... not sure if all monitors do this but i think so

best thing i think is relevalnt is to use smaa/downsampling in a game that supports it, maybe as a guy who has a monitor and ask if smaa(not sure times what for 1600p)=1600p fps

edit, found link for amd

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472941

am gunna try myself

nvm cant get the jar file -_-

@below

no

Edited by DanTheGamer11

I find it weird that AMD cards can't make a custom resolution if the monitor/tv doesn't support it while Nvidia cards can.

If you go to the video tab of the CCC, isn't there and option to make a custom resolution or to tweak resolution?

You can make a videocard output 9,999X9,999 (or some other arbitrarily large number) if you really want to, the question is whether or not the display or even the connection can support it.

dont have crysis 3? thats the only game i have that im aware of that has x4 smaa, cant get the downsampling to work, either my monitor/tv is too old or the dvi cable is poop(was el cheap)

hmm got 1440p to work but its quite blurry, gonna try a game now

i took a screenshot of il2 in 2650x1440(windows resolution) or whatever, got a 1920x1440p file, screenshot of desktop windows says 2048x1152.... not messed up at all :D stick to a game with smaa, wont be as good as this downsampling but somewhat there...

or just ask/look at 1600p reviews :P

Edited by DanTheGamer11

You can make a videocard output 9,999X9,999 (or some other arbitrarily large number) if you really want to, the question is whether or not the display or even the connection can support it.

+1 this is the problem, not that I can even get the card to display that option

dont have crysis 3? thats the only game i have that im aware of that has x4 smaa, cant get the downsampling to work, either my monitor/tv is too old or the dvi cable is poop(was el cheap)

hmm got 1440p to work but its quite blurry, gonna try a game now

i took a screenshot of il2 in 2650x1440(windows resolution) or whatever, got a 1920x1440p file, screenshot of desktop windows says 2048x1152.... not messed up at all :D stick to a game with smaa, wont be as good as this downsampling but somewhat there...

or just ask/look at 1600p reviews :P

Yeah I think searching far and wide for 7950 2560x1600 reviews would be best

I got teh downsampling to work in games... its just chrome looks weird(blurry) and desktop was either blurry or oversharpened

got a 15fps drop from 1080p to 1440p, can try 1600p if ya want :P what games tho

also typed in 1600p 7950 benchs and got links :P just benchs of the games out at that time tho but with some diggin ya can find moar

Edited by DanTheGamer11