It is time to make a confession...Thread

WarWeeny

There's nothing wrong with the speed of Win8. It's the UI that's a jumbled mess of schizophrenic shit that makes it obnoxious to use.

And no, just adding in a 3rd party start menu does not fix it.

Feels more organized to me than Windows 7. Menus and whatnot on file explorer are a lot easier to use and have a lot more features. File transfers are also nicer. Speeds are faster. What SPECIFICALLY makes you say that? 

There's nothing wrong with the speed of Win8. It's the UI that's a jumbled mess of schizophrenic shit that makes it obnoxious to use.

And no, just adding in a 3rd party start menu does not fix it.

Feels more organized to me than Windows 7. Menus and whatnot on file explorer are a lot easier to use and have a lot more features. File transfers are also nicer. Speeds are faster. What SPECIFICALLY makes you say that? 

It is an opinion. You can't change one's opinion once it is set into stone like Waco's.

People hate 8 and people love 8, it is not something like you can force people to "like" if they don't want to.

It's the same as Jehovah witness, they force you to believe that Jesus is the best thing ever, but people tend to disagree on that.

I already said what annoys the hell out of me. The UI is a jumbled mess that can't decide whether it's a desktop OS or a tablet OS.

Using Windows 8 on a desktop with a mouse/keyboard is annoying, unintuitive, and counterproductive. It's not just that it's new and different - it's that it consistently throws away the whole point of its namesake (WINDOWS)!

I confess that I hate it. $10 says the next major service patch or Windows release (9?) steps fully back to the 7 UI for desktop machines.

I already said what annoys the hell out of me. The UI is a jumbled mess that can't decide whether it's a desktop OS or a tablet OS.

Using Windows 8 on a desktop with a mouse/keyboard is annoying, unintuitive, and counterproductive. It's not just that it's new and different - it's that it consistently throws away the whole point of its namesake (WINDOWS)!

I confess that I hate it. $10 says the next major service patch or Windows release (9?) steps fully back to the 7 UI for desktop machines.

...since we got onto this subject, the last update i did a few days ago, caused my gamer to boot into the metro screen, then automatically go to the desktop screen,...i didn't change it, or reset it, it started on it's own,...so waco is prolly gonna be the $10 dollar winner...my confession is i had gotten used to the metro boot up...

...since we got onto this subject, the last update i did a few days ago, caused my gamer to boot into the metro screen, then automatically go to the desktop screen,...i didn't change it, or reset it, it started on it's own,...so waco is prolly gonna be the $10 dollar winner...my confession is i had gotten used to the metro boot up...

It is a different usage model and I still cant get used to it on my laptop. I keep going fro the start button. 

CLASSIC SHELL NAO! I never see Metro anymore and I'm only on 8.0