WarWeeny

It is time to make a confession...Thread

I use internet explorer as my web browser. :teehee:

The latest IE isn't too bad actually, it's kind of like the hate for Windows Vista (sure some users had problems, but it was on 200 million computers...) once it takes hold there's no going back. Edited by Andrewr05

The latest IE isn't too bad actually, it's kind of like the hate for Windows Vista (sure some users had problems, but it was on 200 million computers...) once it takes hold there's no going back.

Or kind of like the irrational hate of Windows 8. I sell computers at best buy. I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted convincing idiots that it's Windows 7 plus the new start menu, and showing them how to get the old start menu back.

The latest IE isn't too bad actually, it's kind of like the hate for Windows Vista (sure some users had problems, but it was on 200 million computers...) once it takes hold there's no going back.

Or kind of like the irrational hate of Windows 8. I sell computers at best buy. I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted convincing idiots that it's Windows 7 plus the new start menu, and showing them how to get the old start menu back.

Does 8.1 has the start menu without any tricks and frustrations?

Or do they keep that for 8.2? :P

I just wish it would stop telling that it has encountered an error and needs to close......after I have already closed it lol.

I never really "fought" my customers like some techs to get them to use a better browser back when IE was a terrible mess.  I know techs who will to the end of time, personally I would recommend Chrome/Firefox and move on.  By them choosing to stick with IE I got more business fixing their virus problem again faster. 

I'm also getting paid nearly $600 each for two computers I'm installing at a local small business that cost me ~300 to build each.  But I'm boxing myself out of getting paid to fix the ones they replace every 5 months or so and I had to learn how to setup the concrete batch software so good enough (plus I offer 1 year on site labor warranty + whatever the parts have as a parts warranty on the systems I build for people.)

My hate isn't irrational and your customers are not all idiots.

If it was just "Windows 7" with a new start screen people wouldn't hate it.

My confession? I tried to use Windows 8 on my laptop. I lasted all of a month before wiping it out.

I was testing an iPad air I had replaced the digitizer & LCD on. On final testing I took about 6 photos of my coworker working, then forgot to delete them off the ipad before returning it to the customer.

My confession? I tried to use Windows 8 on my laptop. I lasted all of a month before wiping it out.

Do state your reasons, I'd say ALOT of the hate is unnecessary (as it was for Vista). With good hardware, (or without from what I hear) Win8 runs very good... it's just the *stock* UI that causes many people to take up arms

I love Win8 and will likely upgrade my laptop and HTPC this summer when I don't have as much going on (too lazy to do the massive re-installation of programs right now haha)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Do state your reasons, I'd say ALOT of the hate is unnecessary (as it was for Vista). With good hardware, (or without from what I hear) Win8 runs very good... it's just the *stock* UI that causes many people to take up arms

I've got 8.1 on an old laptop with a Core2 Duo and 2GB of RAM, it boots in 15 seconds and runs faster than any of my XP's.  A 3rd party app to lose the Metro GUI and you're good to go. :)

There's nothing wrong with the speed of Win8. It's the UI that's a jumbled mess of schizophrenic shit that makes it obnoxious to use.

And no, just adding in a 3rd party start menu does not fix it.