Thief Reviewed

Bosco

I'll have to pick this up it looks and reads like it is a pretty in-depth adventure.

I like my games to have a reason for making you do the things you do, or at least explaining it at a later point.

The skills and level of immersion this game has seems very fun, I'll definitely have to give it a try.

That's what I'm thinking, but sadly the drivers released yesterday have not improved performance for me at all. Maybe the next release will be better, or the Square Enix devs will be able to patch in helpful optimizations on their own.

I haven't noticed any driver issues my bugs are more in game ones.

What's the average FPS difference you get in the benchmark, between maximum and minimum settings? Aside from all of the stuttering in the game, the small difference I got is part of why I am confident the game, the drivers, or both are not optimized yet. The swing simply should be more than 5-6 FPS on my GTX 770, and it was only the SSAA option that actually affected that too. Maybe your 780Ti's are just powering through any of the issues I had.

A difference of 42 or 42 as the average? If that is the difference, I could see that being in line with your build, but it makes my 5-6 FPS difference really suspect. Based on how my 770 has performed with other games I would expect the minimum settings to reach in the 50s easily and not be at 38 FPS, with stuttering.

A difference of 42 or 42 as the average? If that is the difference, I could see that being in line with your build, but it makes my 5-6 FPS difference really suspect. Based on how my 770 has performed with other games I would expect the minimum settings to reach in the 50s easily and not be at 38 FPS, with stuttering.

42 was the average if I recall correctly.

42 was the average if I recall correctly.

Then there is no way the drivers and/or game are properly optimized for nVidia because a pair of 780Ti's should be pushing out more than 4 FPS better than a 770.