oookaaaay, help?

WarWeeny

So i was cleaning my c: drive when i stumbled upon a file that windows couldn't read.

The first thing i tried was opening it with notepad, but after that something strange happened.....

EVERYTHING is now opened with notepad...literally EVERYTHING.

OtFfY15.jpg

If i would click on the left most icon (right from the windows logo) it opens Google chrome with notepad and i get, of course, gibberish.

The hell did i do to get this? xD

I did try to open that file through a scan search through my c drive, maybe that would help.

Edit: i noticed every SHORTCUT is being opened by notepad, it is also being an LNK file, if i go to the original file, i can just open it like it should.

Any idea how to get rid of this? :P

If you ever do this again go to start>then click on default programs>set program access and default programs>select Microsoft Windows then hit okay, and it should reset things back to default.

But how did i do this in the first place?

Would seem like the ultimate troll trick to do to people who don't have a clue about PC's. xD (I am evil, i know)

Most likely, when the box popped up asking what program to use to open. There is a check box that sets to open all files of that type with this choice.

If you ever do this again go to start>then click on default programs>set program access and default programs>select Microsoft Windows then hit okay, and it should reset things back to default.

This is pretty handy, thanks for the tip. :)

I like your wallpaper lol is that FFX?

Yup :P

Found it from the HD remake of the game, so the resolution is decent this time around.

And who doesn't want to be greeted by Yuna when you start up your pc from its deep slumber? xD