new upgrades what do you think

Cm haf xb evo $69

Corsair h80i $54

Asus p8z77-v $89

now I know what you Are going to say

whY did i stick with my 2600K for the fact that @ 5.0ghz it more than keeps up withanything else out there so I will wait to upgrade to a new processor wHen something Worth the upgrade comes out

whY did i stick with my 2600K for the fact that @ 5.0ghz it more than keeps up withanything else out there so I will wait to upgrade to a new processor wHen something Worth the upgrade comes out

I doubt anyone would say that. Sandy bridge is in my opinion still the best processor when it comes to raw power.

On another note, how is this exactly an upgrade? :P

If you didn't have water cooling and now you do, agreed, that is an upgrade. But why the switch of motherboard and case?

If your signature is what you have currently, i don't see the point in this "upgrade".

although I just realized that there is no pciE 3.0 with sandy bridge wth

PCIe 3.0 is not that great of a difference. it will only give you a performance boost of 2% at best.

I doubt anyone would say that. Sandy bridge is in my opinion still the best processor when it comes to raw power.

On another note, how is this exactly an upgrade? :P

If you didn't have water cooling and now you do, agreed, that is an upgrade. But why the switch of motherboard and case?

If your signature is what you have currently, i don't see the point in this "upgrade".

although I just realized that there is no pciE 3.0 with sandy bridge wth

PCIe 3.0 is not that great of a difference. it will only give you a performance boost of 2% at best.

+1, I'd say the choice to not change CPUs is greatly justified but why change the motherboard, case and cooler?

i thought i would be ge getting pcie 3.0 til i read completely :doh:  

i wanted to get my pc off the ground and this case doubles as a test bench as i change parts quite often

and i dont trust my cpu cooler as i have many others have had lines crack over time 

Edited by jdm_freek

i thought i would be ge getting pcie 3.0 til i read completely :doh:  

i wanted to get my pc off the ground and this case doubles as a test bench as i change parts quite often

and i dont trust my cpu cooler as i have many others have had lines crack over time 

Shouldn't this be lesson not to waste time with water cooling lol 

Edited by IVIYTH0S

:whistling:  i can get a 4670k and a nice mb for around $340 and then give my son my 2600k and mb

so i will wait 

A 5GHz 4 core 8 thread 2600k to a 4 core 4 thread 4670k that might only give you 4.5 - 4.6GHz depending on your cooling ?

Kinda sounds like a downgrade to me, and I should know  :P

Edited by Knight_72

:whistling:  i can get a 4670k and a nice mb for around $340 and then give my son my 2600k and mb

so i will wait 

A 5GHz 4 core 8 thread 2600k to a 4 core 4 thread 4670k that might only give you 4.5 - 4.6GHz depending on your cooling ?

Kinda sounds like a downgrade to me, and I should know  :P

I was about to say the same, that i7 is better than the 4670k.

Even if you do manage to get that 4670k to 5ghz (which you will not), the i7 will still outperform it in terms of raw power.

If you are going to upgrade, and your signature is up to date, get a nice video card (although i can remember that you made a thread that you have bought a gtx780 , not sure tho).