How do we feel about Origin now post BF4 & SimCity?

Crow47

I like Steam, I've had no problems with Origin (I seem to get faster downloads with Origin too), but I hate uPlay. EA and Origin I can tolerate, but I haven't bothered to even install Far Cry 3 on my latest install because I hate the piece of software that is uPlay.

I think of Origin to be a highly cultivated store with big-money AAA and the like titles, and Steam is more of a social store with indie games too, as well as some AAA titles. UPlay is just too much crapware to live with for one decent game.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Steam, I've had no problems with Origin (I seem to get faster downloads with Origin too), but I hate uPlay. EA and Origin I can tolerate, but I haven't bothered to even install Far Cry 3 on my latest install because I hate the piece of software that is uPlay.

I think of Origin to be a highly cultivated store with big-money AAA and the like titles, and Steam is more of a social store with indie games too, as well as some AAA titles. UPlay is just too much crapware to live with for one decent game.

That's an interesting way to think about it. Still bugs me though because there USED to be a ton of AAA games coming out on Steam. But EA seems to be the main publisher still releasing AAA games on PC, so no wonder there aren't as many now on Steam.

Looking around though, we are fortunate to still have publishers like Ubisoft, 2K, Campcom, and Activision still publishing their AAA games on Steam. Just seems like the big games recently have all been EA. Guess it's just that time of year. 

Who is going to be playing TitanFall?

I hate Origin

I hate EA

but they have my favorite FPS franchise so it's kind of a must. I don't hate it enough to where I'll boycott battlefield. I really just wish they were on Steam as well, I like all my games in one place. Although I don't ever even open the origin client since I launch BF4 from Battlelog. Really it's not a huge deal I just wish it didn't exist

Looking around though, we are fortunate to still have publishers like Ubisoft, 2K, Campcom, and Activision still publishing their AAA games on Steam. Just seems like the big games recently have all been EA. Guess it's just that time of year. 

I'll be playing the beta ;)

Got 45MB/s download speed while downloading the beta... doesn't match my friends 3 exabytes or whatever he had in steam though once :D

I'll be playing the beta ;)

Got 45MB/s download speed while downloading the beta... doesn't match my friends 3 exabytes or whatever he had in steam though once :D

Ooooh, nice! I signed up for the beta but I doubt I'll get in. 

I don't really mind it, I just wished the ingame inlay would work consistently, and some other stuff.

Yeah, the Origin overlay always lags a bit for me. Works well once it loads in, but any time you want to open it there's a delay. It's almost easier for me to just use the Raptr overlay. :lol:

I don't really mind it, I just wished the ingame inlay would work consistently, and some other stuff.

Yeah, the Origin overlay always lags a bit for me. Works well once it loads in, but any time you want to open it there's a delay. It's almost easier for me to just use the Raptr overlay. :lol:

Is Raptr just a newer version of Xfire?

I don't mind Origin, download speeds are very good, but I agree with Frank three different ones is getting a bit much.

The multiple platforms don't bother me. The only annoyance for me really is that UPlay does not background-update like Steam and you have to actively launch the game to trigger the patcher. Don't know how Origin is about it because I've never installed a game through it, but I do have it installed, but I hope it is like Steam and not UPlay.