Sign in to follow this  
wake boy45

Hitting the limit

So I have a 7970 and I just CF'd it with a 280x and I feel like I'm getting close to my 750w threshold. The computer starts up, runs games, everything, works fine. The only things I notice is I get artifacting (only in fifa 13) and a tiny tiny bit i noticed today in BF4. Other than that though I have had no problems with artifacting. I get over 100 frames on BF4 maxed so it's working fine, however, if I crank up resolution scaling it drops to basically no frames. I just want to know if I should buy a new power supply, like if I could be doing damage by having an insufficient power supply. I've heard if it starts up it's working fine but I just want to make sure.

I think your fine on the power using a corsair 750. each card takes about 200watts and another 150 for everything else, which has you sitting at 550~.

No I turned down all of my clocks because I thought I may go over. I was overclocked with automatic settings to 4.6Ghz and I had one or two times where it wouldn't start with the keyboard powered and I was thinking that was it so I turned down the clocks.