Whens it going to be a good time to buy a next gen

kennethk

Thoughts on this? I have some money saved up and I'm really tempted to buy a ps4 but there are some other thing I need. The only reason why I'm holding off is due to early stage console issues, as every new console has some issues. And the fact I have a gaming pc.

I was toying with a ps4 at one of our supermarkets and I really do enjoy the controller and over all feel of it. Odly every store I go into never has a xbox one controller on display.

And since my friend works at a Target he may be able to help me get like a 15% discount

Edited by kennethk

I don't think you need to necessarily wait for the next version of PS4/XBO, as the current ones actually do NOT have that many issues, but I would at the very least wait for some more exclusive games to come along. The launch rosters for both consoles are, to put it bluntly, abysmal.

Determine how many games would make a console purchase feel worthwhile to you, figure out what those games would be, and then wait for all said games to be available. For example, if it's not worth it to you unless there are at least five games and there are only two you're interested in at this time, wait it out. And this is especially true since you have a gaming PC, as you probably only care about exclusives, which are minimal right now.

Thoughts on this? I have some money saved up and I'm really tempted to buy a ps4 but there are some other thing I need. The only reason why I'm holding off is due to early stage console issues, as every new console has some issues. And the fact I have a gaming pc.

I was toying with a ps4 at one of our supermarkets and I really do enjoy the controller and over all feel of it. Odly every store I go into never has a xbox one controller on display.

And since my friend works at a Target he may be able to help me get like a 15% discount

Just make sure there is some ventilation around the intakes (ie not in a cabinet as that tends to make it loud and hot) and don't use a vertical stand. I followed the aforementioned rules and no issues for me so far.

I don't know what "next version" of the PS4 could be brought out, because it is already small and if they made it any smaller it might overheat more often.

I'm very impressed with my PS4 thus far. 

I had Assassins Creed 4 on both my PC and PS4 at the same scene on the same TV and changed sources to swap between them and compare the quality and I must say that the PS4 version looks almost the same as on PC (maxed settings with 16xCSAA and no PhysX) - with both at 1080p the only differences are the slight number of jaggies on the PS4, the slight lighting improvements with HBAO+ that Nvidia implemented on PC and the colours on PS4 actually look way more vibrant and bright (like you would expect in the Caribbean).

So far I've been happy playing Assassins Creed 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (amazing graphics, no PC game's graphics can compare to the opening mission's facial detail on the characters in the rain -not even Crysis 3's faces), FIFA 14 (miles ahead of the PC engine, since PC is based on the last gen engine and the PS4 uses the Ignite next gen engine) and Need for Speed Rivals (looks great, if it had a bit more AA, tire smoke and more detail on roads slightly further away then it would match the PC version).

Overall, if you are patient to wait (which I was not :P ), then you should rather for Drive Club and Infamous Second Son to come out or even wait till there are more games available as Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Thief and Watch Dogs before making a choice.

It honestly just depends on what games you want to play on the consoles. Some of the major games will still be released on PS3/360. There is only maybe 4-5 games announced games I want and only 2 have actual release dates for this year. So I'm going to wait for quite awhile. If Destiny is good and isn't getting a PC version, I might buy one at the end of the year.

I love my ps4. I suggest you buy the next gen when you find games you want to play. A lot of good games are coming out in the next 6 months for both consoles but the ps4 is cheaper and no M$ bs behind it. Orginally I had a PS2 , than I got a X360 because online was ten times better. Now PS4 has great online and M$ is forcing features and DRM no one wants. I'm sure i'll pick up a x1 in a few years but for now the ps4 is a better choice.

I'd be all over it if It would play those ps3 games. Theres still a lot of exclusive ps3 titles I wanna play. Are there going to be more ps3 games added to ps+ store for cheap? Also if I bought content such as ps1/indie games on my old ps3 can I redownload them on ps4?

nothing transfer expect a few cross-buys. I picked up a ps3 for cheap from a pawn shop. I use it to play my ps1 games and exclusives like The Last of Us. Combine that with the PS+ free game library it's well worth it. This month alone you get DMC, Bioshio inf and Boardlands 2.