wildman2

Watch out RED454

Looks like you found some extra cores or something we are running neck and neck now.hehehe.

R290's have gone up $30-40 bucks the price just seems to be a bit high now..By the time I get around to getting it the cost will be close to $700.May have to  rethink getting one.

Yup he's pulling away from me slowly but surely.Must have been sand bagging it lol...At least he's pumpin more points out now.May have to volunteer for some more overtime to get me a cpl FAH worthy cards to catch up.

I pointed all my hardware at OCC folding, and I brought a Xeon CPU online.  I will probably spread the points out between the 3 teams I fold for when I break into the top 20...  Looks like we will both be in the top 50 very soon.

Prolly be only a few days to be in top 50.You will be there a bit faster.Your folding for 3 teams?What xeon did you get and does it do more ppd than a normal cpu per ghz.The reason why I ask is with a bios update my mother board can support some serious xeons.May not have some of the features but can be quite a few more cores.Which is good for the 3d package I use.

It is an ES-2630 in a Dell T5600.  The GPU is a Quadro 2000.  Not sure of the ppd yet. I am trying out a beta client and it pegs the 6 physical cores and the 6 virtual cores.

Purdue team - ASUS ROG team, and OCC.

Ok I need to build the 3960 rig now. And stack it with video cards. 

A 4770K at 4.4 and a single GTX 770 are worth 100+k a day. 

Congrats red for getting to the top 50..woohoo..It will be more than a few days for me to get into the top 50.At 40k a day hehehe

Ccokeman got any idea what one of those 12 core xeons ppd are?!One of those and a cpl of 290's would perk up the points.Would be a bit cost prohibitive though.

It is all uphill from here.  The gaps start to widen, so the rank leaps will take longer and longer, especially when you look at the people in the 30's.  The Xeon I use is a night time and weekend folder (idle folder).  And I catch it in idle sometimes not folding. Not sure why. 

I have one more work computer that I am going to bring back online after the PSU is replaced, but it is just an i7 2600 with a Quadro 2000, and that is good for 22K per day roughly.

I did notice the big gaps in points  between each person seems to be getting larger and larger.

Better than not folding on it(work pc).Still more points.Wished I could get some of the pc's at work to do some folding.There is quite a few of them.Prolly 50 or more .All of them in the engineering dept would make good points per day.

Yes - if you have access to that many, and you can get them folding in idle mode, that would be impressive. The lights may dim a little...  Well, if they fold at night, then who cares?

24-7 operation there.We have a substation and use mega amounts of juice,would hate to have that power bill.May talk to the goof ball that is in charge of IT.Prolly wont go for it but heh it's worth a try.