i5 3570k lifespan

DnaAngel

Nah, many of us still overclock.... some modestly, some extremely.  But any time a thread starts out with "lifespan" in the title, you have to consider that someone might be fixing to break something  :)

Thanks for the replies.

When I said 24/7 it was just no power-offs. No Folding or mining on that PC, just school work and gaming. Yea there really is no need for a 5Ghz OC, just wanted to do it, to do it. K series CPU mind as well right? I just didn't want to be going out next week for a new CPU, for utterly no reason. 

To my understanding, the 3rd gen i5's are fine as long as you don't creep up past 1.45v. I have only pushed it to 4.7ghz once on 1.3 something volts. I am on a static overclock, I know that is not the best way to do it, but I never understood the other dynamic way. 

You will see no gain in school work and games by going from 4.4 GHz to 5 GHz. Only maybe some instability, if the OC isn't done right. It is always fun to try and push your hardware to the max, but why not do that for a day and do some benches before and after and such, and then take it down to 4.7 or 4.4 GHz?