Surround sound usage

Andrewr05

Surround sound  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a 'surround sound' setup in your living room?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you own a 'surround sound' setup for your PC?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Have you ever owned a 'surround sound' setup at all?

• Yes
    • No

I've had some sort of home theatre set up for my main TV area since 1999. It was only 3.1 for a few years, but is back to 5.1 now. I just finished putting surround sound in my garage. The TV and receiver were bought with some fantasy baseball winnings (thanks Draftkings!) and most of the speaker I already had.  I only needed to add a center channel unit I bought off of craiglist for $25. I don't have a powered subwoofer out there yet as I really don't know where to put it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you never experienced 25hz and have the hair in your ear to stand up , you haven't experienced a good subwoofer :)

25? Child's play.

Try 10-15 Hz for serious movie sound. :P

I have a samsung surround sound set up in the living room. Its nice for movies but really isn't that great for music. Could probably be configured better but we don't use it enough to spend the money.

For my pc i have a CM Sirus S headset that has halfway decent surround sound, but i only use that for movies and games, for music i use my old - not so reliable - 2.1 setup. 

if you never experienced 25hz and have the hair in your ear to stand up , you haven't experienced a good subwoofer :)

25? Child's play.

Try 10-15 Hz for serious movie sound. :P

man the soundtrack to blade runner and Dune is already great with bass , I wish i could experience 15hz .

I have a 5.1 headset for gaming but am very dissapointed in the surround effect.  I recieved a $50 amazon gift card for Christmas so I've been considering this:

Logitech Z506

I used to play cod 4 on x-box with surround sound and it was awesome being able to hear people sneak up on me.  I am only hesitating to order these speakers because I already have so many damn wires in my office that I might get in trouble for altering the Earth's magnetic field or something.  I constantly find large metal objects stuck to the side of my house :(

Edited by feetfats

I have a 5.1 headset for gaming but am very dissapointed in the surround effect.  I recieved a $50 amazon gift card for Christmas so I've been considering this:

Logitech Z506

I used to play cod 4 on x-box with surround sound and it was awesome being able to hear people sneak up on me.  I am only hesitating to order these speakers because I already have so many damn wires in my office that I might get in trouble for altering the Earth's magnetic field or something.  I constantly find large metal objects stuck to the side of my house :(

I want to switch back to that as I've said it sound much better. The voices give you that deep theater voice which is awesome. 

I used to have an RCA HTiaB. It was only $150, but it transformed movies on our tv into experiences. 8 years later and the sub has diminished quite a bit, but just running 3.1 was still way better sound than the tv speakers.