Found a cool Canadian penny

kennethk

1545713_10152087656969519_720636621_n.jp

1486859_10152087657064519_971818543_n.jp

Thought some of our Canadian members would get a kick out of this, nothing special I dont think it values to about a dollar. lol

ha ha, I have a bag of about 600 of them, use to be worth 6 dollars but now worth their weight in scrap, stores in Canada won't take them or give them back as change. If something is $3.99 they round it out to $4.00. If it's up to $3.97 they round it out to $3.95. They haven't been pure copper for years.

What makes that penny different than all the others?

I dont live in Canada?  :whistling:

Oh ok lol

They finally stopped making the stupid things a little while ago.  They cost more to make than they are worth :)

Same problem here in the US but they still have not stopped minting the copper colored pot metal penny! 

What makes that penny different than all the others?

I would think the date of the penny would make it very different. Whether pennies are still made or not. Looks like it's in the 1800's if I see it correctly.

Never mind . I though it was the date of minting,looks like it the time frame of the person on the coin. :doh:

Edited by dling

Watch this about pennies:
(Seriously watch it, it shows you how useless pennies really are and how just blatantly bad they are for our economy)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5UT04p5f7U

Also, I get Canadian currency all the time in the US, just sucks that 99% of the time vending machines wont take them.

Edited by Andrewr05
  • Like 1

Watch this about pennies:

(Seriously watch it, it shows you how useless pennies really are and how just blatantly bad they are for our economy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5UT04p5f7U

Also, I get Canadian currency all the time in the US, just sucks that 99% of the time vending machines wont take them.

Uh Anrew they arent useless. What if you're short 3 cents in change what would you do? Run to the bank and get a nickle or just hand them 3 pennies?