Looking for turn based rpg's on the pc

WarWeeny

I am a big fan of turn based rpg's and i would like to play some on the pc platform as i almost haven't played any of those on pc.

The ones i did try was kings bounty (didn't like it), some weird mmorpg, last remnant, and any final fantasy that was released on pc.

I was looking at Divinity Original Sin, but it isn't fully released and and there is only an alpha build as of the moment.

Chaos chronicles also has my attention, but it is still not released :(

Any other games i should give a shot?

Preferable around 2005 and up, i want at least a bit of eye-candy :P

The Last Remnant, King's Bounty series, Drakensang series can be paused to behave like turn-based, Final Fantasy series (older games though), SpellForce series (a combo of RTS and RPG), and Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness series.

The only ones I know of it Fallout 1 and 2. I think Wastelands 2 is the same also. watchout though because fallout 1/2 has major issues on anything but winXP. You have to use some mods people are created.

The only ones I know of it Fallout 1 and 2. I think Wastelands 2 is the same also. watchout though because fallout 1/2 has major issues on anything but winXP. You have to use some mods people are created.

Or just get them on GOG since they'll work no problem on everything from XP on up. Fallout 2 does require copying the ddraw.dll file from the first game to prevent any possible crashes on startup, so it's probably a good idea to get both games at the same time.

You probably won't do too well without some emulators. I'd say consoles have kept the best turn based RPGs for themselves

But the problem is, i already played all of those :P

Have you played the ORIGINAL Kings Bounty?? You know....like THIS:

I finally beat this like 1 year ago but I spent countless hours playing this as a kid. Didn't fully grasp the game seriously until I grew up.

Everyone swears by KOTOR, I do plan to go back and give it a shot when I finish all my laptop can handle

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Wasteland is a game that I backed on kickstarted. I dropped a fair amount of $$ on it Its in beta right now for backers I have yet to even try it out since I have been super busy as of late... Its something I will hopefully try next week when I have some time off.