1. 1. What OS?

• Android
    • iOS
    • Windows
    • Symbian
    • Proprietary OS from Phone Manufacturer
    • Dont Know
    • Other?

iOS. Just upgraded from a 3GS to a 5S roughly a month ago and love it.

Thumbprint recognition, stored by Apple...waiting to be hacked by everyone including USA... :yucky: boo 5S. Stick with 5!

I love TouchID - it actually makes accessing the phone even quicker than not locking the phone at all because you don't even have to swipe.

Sorry, I'm not a Big Brother conspiratist.

Not meant to be a conspiracy theory, just realistic. Apple has stated the info is stored. Places get hacked. Obviously the US gov't is a notorious info gatherer (remember a fellow named Snowden?), hence if you want to keep your fingerprint private, this would be a poor choice. That's all I'm saying.

Thumbprint recognition, stored by Apple...waiting to be hacked by everyone including USA... :yucky: boo 5S. Stick with 5!

I love TouchID - it actually makes accessing the phone even quicker than not locking the phone at all because you don't even have to swipe.

Not meant to be a conspiracy theory, just realistic. Apple has stated the info is stored. Places get hacked. Obviously the US gov't is a notorious info gatherer (remember a fellow named Snowden?), hence if you want to keep your fingerprint private, this would be a poor choice. That's all I'm saying.

Apple has stated that the fingerprints are NOT stored. An encrypted hash is stored within the A7 chip and gets checked against your finger when you place it over the scanner. And that hash is only stored on the chip on your phone, not on Apple's servers, so even if Apple is hacked, your password may be compromised, but your fingerprint will not be.

So yes, it's a conspiracy theory if you actually believe Apple has a fingerprint database that can be hacked.

Apple has stated that the fingerprints are NOT stored. An encrypted hash is stored within the A7 chip and gets checked against your finger when you place it over the scanner. And that hash is only stored on the chip on your phone, not on Apple's servers, so even if Apple is hacked, your password may be compromised, but your fingerprint will not be.

So yes, it's a conspiracy theory if you actually believe Apple has a fingerprint database that can be hacked.

Whatever you label it, "conspiracy theory" or otherwise, it still a good idea to err on the conservative side with healthy skepticism as once you later find out the info was stored ( as happens too often), it's too late to get it .

Samsung S2 updated in to jelly bean 4.1.2 doesnt look like this phone gets any more updates, About time for a new one anyway debating on a tablet or not this time or s4 or s5

Whatever you label it, "conspiracy theory" or otherwise, it still a good idea to err on the conservative side with healthy skepticism as once you later find out the info was stored ( as happens too often), it's too late to get it .

:pfp:

Per the Touch ID thing:

Touch ID does not store any images of your fingerprint. It stores only a mathematical representation of your fingerprint. It isn't possible for your actual fingerprint image to be reverse-engineered from this mathematical representation. iPhone 5s also includes a new advanced security architecture called the Secure Enclave within the A7 chip, which was developed to protect passcode and fingerprint data. Fingerprint data is encrypted and protected with a key available only to the Secure Enclave. Fingerprint data is used only by the Secure Enclave to verify that your fingerprint matches the enrolled fingerprint data. The Secure Enclave is walled off from the rest of A7 and as well as the rest of iOS. Therefore, your fingerprint data is never accessed by iOS or other apps, never stored on Apple servers, and never backed up to iCloud or anywhere else. Only Touch ID uses it and it can't be used to match against other fingerprint databases.

Source.

Had an iPhone 4s moved to an LG G2, blows the iPhone out of the water.  Was hesitant but glad I made the switch.

Edited by InCrYsIs