Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

Paracord sleeving

i was going to order some mdpc-x sleeve(good stuff) and do sleeving work on my PSU but after doing the math on how much sleeve i'm going to need i realized that it's going to be costly :ouch: (30M x $1.50/M) so i decided to look for another alternative until i found this.

so is paracord easy to work with? i got some experience sleeving with TechFlex and that stuff is kinda stiff and hard to work with especially the ones with dense braids, not to mention it makes your wire stiffer and harder to manage. i remember my old headphone cable had paracord sleeve and it feels great so maybe it'll work psu wires too? what do you guys think?

The link to the video isn't working, but that is an interesting idea.  Paracord is nice to work with in certain applications. I don't think you will get the wires through the paracord shell very easily and good paracord is not dirt cheap either.  You will also only get a couple wires into the cord because its not very big. I personally think this project would be a huge pita but doable if you are determined.  If it was me and I was wanting to sleeve cables I would keep looking for other cheap options.

Edited by feetfats

Sounds like a fun idea to me, but I enjoy working with paracord and while I haven't done anything quite like that, I do find it to be fairly easy to work with after a while.

maybe i'll buy some later. $10 for 100ft is kinda cheap actually and it should be enough for my project hehehe :D just need to find the best colour to match my system. there's thousand of em' :whoa:

i will update this post when i get the cord hehehe, stay tune :thx:

Be warned if you sheelve yourself, its a pain in the butt. I broke my tools trying to sheelve a seasonic X 650. The pins just don't come out...

Be warned if you sheelve yourself, its a pain in the butt. I broke my tools trying to sheelve a seasonic X 650. The pins just don't come out...

You were doing it wrong!  :P

looks like sleeving will have to wait,the store that sell the cord is offline till the 27th :( i will update this thread tough once i got them, thanks for the heads-up guys :thx: