System powers on, then immediately shuts down.

I have had this system for a few years and everything has been working great. The other week, I tried to power on the system and it started but then immediately shut down. I tried to check all the connections inside the case and from the psu to the mb.....no change. I tried another psu to see if the system would start up. I plugged it in and the system booted fine. I then finally located my psu tester. I plugged in the original psu and the tester said that it was fine. So i put that (original psu) back in the case and it seemed to work fine for a couple of days. Now it is back to booting, then immediately shutting down. What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...

It could be that somehow the MB is grounding against the case. I had that happen when I built my first PC 8 years ago. I didn't understand what the stand offs were. :doh: 

I don't know why that would happen to you now though.

maybe it was cooling problem ,you said it will shutdown their own,, when it will be temperature goes high thats the reason it will shutdown

I highly doubt this would be the case because it happens at the start-up of the system.

@OP

Revert everything back in the bios to default settings and see if the system holds up.

If it doesn't, then there is a good chance the psu need to be replaced.

Other things i can come up with is the RAM of the system has become faulty and could be a culprit as well.

Do you have a, eh...what do you call it, bios speaker? xD It will give you beeps when you start the system up and it will give you separate beeps when there is something wrong with the motherboard.