IVIYTH0S

Best sporty car at or under $10,000

So, from what i gathered it's gotta be a sporty coupe that looks like Porsche but doesn't cost that much to fix and looks great and also a great daily driver? Well, i might have one suggestion for you, the only thing is that its pre-2000...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/VW_Corrado_16_V_(2010-04-12)_ret2.jpg

I used to own one, 93' VW Corrado VR6. 2.8L 180HP. Probably one of the best cars i ever drove. Good on gas, easy to find parts... Oh, and did i forget to mention it  also looks awesome.

So, from what i gathered it's gotta be a sporty coupe that looks like Porsche but doesn't cost that much to fix and looks great and also a great daily driver? Well, i might have one suggestion for you, the only thing is that its pre-2000...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/VW_Corrado_16_V_(2010-04-12)_ret2.jpg

I used to own one, 93' VW Corrado VR6. 2.8L 180HP. Probably one of the best cars i ever drove. Good on gas, easy to find parts... Oh, and did i forget to mention it  also looks awesome.

That would be cool, a friend of mine had one but I've never been in it.

They all seem to be high mileage though (still a testament to their reliability),

Per the S2K for under 10 grand, agreed. There's one near that price in IVI's area, just it's nearly to 100k miles. Which isn't terrible mileage for a Honda, imo. :lol: However, "MECHANICAL SPECIAL, MODIFIED WITH NO CATS, NEEDS BELTS, NEEDS REAR TIRES, and NEEDS SOME TLC." that description should scare you away.

Per the S2K for under 10 grand, agreed. There's one near that price in IVI's area, just it's nearly to 100k miles. Which isn't terrible mileage for a Honda, imo. :lol: However, "MECHANICAL SPECIAL, MODIFIED WITH NO CATS, NEEDS BELTS, NEEDS REAR TIRES, and NEEDS SOME TLC." that description should scare you away.

This. I didn't find any S2Ks worth buying for anywhere near $10k and I looked for months in a 300 mile radius (which included Charleston, Atlanta, etc).

I had a BMW 745i for 3 years, and it belonged to me right before I got the Mustang. At 68k miles, it was costing 2 grand a month in maintenance.

My fianc

I know for a fact that if you try hard enough, you can find a S2K for 5K if you look hard enough. There was one on craigslist not too long ago in my area that I almost bought. Test drove it and everything. But I will fully admit that it took me almost a year of searching and hunting before I found one that cheap. The only thing that was wrong was that the paint was destroyed. 

So you found a destroyed S2K for under $10k. Congrats? :lol:

I know for a fact that if you try hard enough, you can find a S2K for 5K if you look hard enough. There was one on craigslist not too long ago in my area that I almost bought. Test drove it and everything. But I will fully admit that it took me almost a year of searching and hunting before I found one that cheap. The only thing that was wrong was that the paint was destroyed. 

So you found a destroyed S2K for under $10k. Congrats? :lol:

.....................nooo? I found a S2K with destroyed paint. IDC about paint. Just get some plastidip and paint the car for a few hundred bucks and you are good to go. 

The problem is that your standards are too high  :wave:

This. I didn't find any S2Ks worth buying for anywhere near $10k and I looked for months in a 300 mile radius (which included Charleston, Atlanta, etc).

+1

I mean if not the MR2, does anyone else know of a mid engine car for under ten grand? I know they exist, I just can't think of them for the life of me.

I would never own a subaru. I would buy a Ford Fiesta before a subaru. NISSAN FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

"Get a run down Honda....no a Toyota that's impossible to find...or a ford economy car instead of a subaru performance car...NISSAN FOREVER"

6cf.gif

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I mean if not the MR2, does anyone else know of a mid engine car for under ten grand? I know they exist, I just can't think of them for the life of me.

Pontiac Fiero. :P

.....................nooo? I found a S2K with destroyed paint. IDC about paint. Just get some plastidip and paint the car for a few hundred bucks and you are good to go. 

Really? My standards are too high? :lol: You found an S2K that had destroyed paint and you assumed nothing else was wrong.

I don't think anyone bounces around on car opinions quite as much as you do. Even Onion manages to be more on-track.

Really? My standards are too high? :lol: You found an S2K that had destroyed paint and you assumed nothing else was wrong.

I don't think anyone bounces around on car opinions quite as much as you do. Even Onion manages to be more on-track.

That just sounded like a pun lol

Someone posted a link to a Mazda Speed 3 if you get a chance drive one they beat evo's/sti's stock for stock all day the thing is a beast of a 5 door hatchback and handles well too. I'd buy that out of anything mentioned so far with the s2k in close second 100k miles on a honda is like 100k miles on a cummins 5.9 you barely just seated the rings.