System at stock not stable

How would I further test the PSU then, I thought it checked out when I took the rail readings. I could try prime without the 7950(board has GeForce 7050).

Should I read the CPU voltage with the meter?

Edited by DanTheGamer11

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would I further test the PSU then, I thought it checked out when I took the rail readings. I could try prime without the 7950(board has GeForce 7050).

That'd be an idea since it mostly works now. You could be just over its capable current draw limits

You did check the psu voltage rails under load, but we didn't check the rails with a heavy cpu AND gpu load.  So there could be some validity to the observations that it could be a power supply problem.  With all due respect the CM GX series aren't the best power supplies in the world.  So depending on the age of the power supply, it's a feasible guess that it could be responsible for the problems.

If you could borrow a known good psu and install it to see if the problems go away would be the simplest solution. Any part stores around you with a 30 day return policy, that way if it still blue screens you could bring the new one back. But the readings you got with the multy under load seem perfectly fine to me.

By the way, did you try computer 101 and reload your os which just might be corrupted ?

Edited by SpikeSoprano

For under load should I just load Crysis 3 on max? Or some other recommendation? Also should I measure the voltage at the CPU ATX connector(4 pin)? Any black and yellow wire?

When I turned on now the PC I had to reset it 3 times because it froze on the Startup thing where you can choose to load the BIOS, Instant Flash etc

The odd thing is it didn't BSOD under any games, only when I wanted to restart the PC after gaming and during Prime95.

@Spike Don't know anybody near me that has a decent PSU, there's only Maplin here and I don't remember the last time they sold a reputable brand PSU here :/ Not to mention at crazy prices.

No, should I reinstall the OS? It's gonna be a pain to download like 200GB+ of games again lol. If it isn't solved by tomorrow night I'll reformat again. If I do should I do W8.1 or W7 both Pro 64bit? This mobo doesn't have W8 drivers from Asrock, I think only the network adaptor and something else nvidia related installed and they were for W7, sound card driver is incompatible with 8.1 too(message every time I log in).

---

I ordered the Crucial yesterday so that should be a variable outta the way if the stick is okay. 

Edited by DanTheGamer11

The soundcard is on the motherboard :( I'll uninstall the VIA drivers and let it run on the windows update ones.

Also do I need the AMD Dual Core Optimizer driver? I used a dual core on this before but now I'm using a 6 core CPU

My CPU is at 3.3Ghz since I turned it on after the freezes... I didn't touch the bios :/ Ram at 266Mhz 

Vcore 1.416V

---

I'm not sure how to uninstall the drivers for audio drivers in W8.1, that and I'm not sure the drivers are the problem. VIA HD VDeck gives me that message, but I can still use it. Don't know what codec it is to download from VIA I found the codec # in manual

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Yeah, though it seems to have resolved itself. I just entered the BIOS and the normal stock speeds were on. Maybe the BIOS loadedbthe performance profile for no reason?

Questions in post #55 still valid :)

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Ill look around and try to find the last program i used to record voltage. The thing about a volt meter is it has a refresh rate in which voltage is captured its refresh rate could be 5ms well if voltage drooped low enough for 1ms to cause the system to bsod then the volt meter would never pick that up that droop would have to of lasted for 5ms for it to respond on the screen.  If volt meters were still analog like they were back in the day this wouldn't be the case but unless you spend a small fortune on a digi one then you can never tell exactly what its doing even programs might not pick up such a sudden blip.

EDIT: the big reason why im pushing psu to you is like Waco said a hard shutdown is a power problem mobo/cpu/ram would only cause system hangs failure to boot or bsod

Edited by confuzzedintelguy