NVIDIA SHIELD Reviewed

Bosco

Super thorough review, loved it! The SHIELD on the other hand, I will pass!

Thanks!

It's a great device, but it's certainly not for everyone, so I completely understand. I'm curious to see what NVIDIA does with it in the future, if they can add more features to it (for free) like they recently did with Console Mode.

Yes, an excellent review andrew,...life on life's terms and circumstances being what they are, it would be very hard to part with 300 dollars right now, but, I scheme and dream often, on ways to get a sheild onboard my truck when I'm out on the road...seems like a wonderful way to fill the idle down time hours, and has the added benefit of being versatile enought handle some other tasks which are currently in the s4's domain...

the honest truth is that i have not even one minute of experience on console gaming, "none" my brain and hands (i.e. muscle memory) would have to be completely retrained to operate a device like this, but i'd eventually get it i'm sure...but it'd be starting over from scratch for this oldtimer...

Shame it needs a 6xx series or higher videocard :(

Just to be clear, GTX600 Series or GTX700 Series. There are non-GTX cards in both the 600 and 700 Series that aren't Kepler.

the honest truth is that i have not even one minute of experience on console gaming, "none" my brain and hands (i.e. muscle memory) would have to be completely retrained to operate a device like this, but i'd eventually get it i'm sure...but it'd be starting over from scratch for this oldtimer...

I'm the same way with basically anything other than side-scrolling platformers. You do get used to using a controller over time, depending on how much you use it. Just like anything, practice makes perfect. Back in college, I burned out my PC and was without one for about a month. During that time I played the original Halo on Xbox and actually got pretty good at it to the point where when I finally got my PC back up and running and went into Counter-Strike, it actually took some readjustment to get back to using KB&M for a shooter. lol