Network wifi dish

kennethk

I've heard people extending there wifi signals by taking old satellite dishes and convert them into wifi dishes. Anyone here have any guides on how to do this?

Theres a mcdonalds a block away from and it'd be cool knowing that I at least have the option to leech off their wifi when I get internet outages.

• 1 month later...

im no expert but you could make a custom yaggi antenna ? and buy a cheap adapter that supports the connection sma i think the connection is , my mate is a freak with signals and antennas and he did before get outstanding distances with yaggi antennas some how 

I've heard people extending there wifi signals by taking old satellite dishes and convert them into wifi dishes. Anyone here have any guides on how to do this?

Theres a mcdonalds a block away from and it'd be cool knowing that I at least have the option to leech off their wifi when I get internet outages.

Yes this can be done with the right equipment. The problem is that "leeching" off of someone else's wifi is illegal. Discussions of illegal activity are not allowed on this forum.