Any of you have a PS Vita?

Crow47

If you have a Vita, what games are you currently playing? Or, what games do you recommend? I've only had mine a little bit, but so far I've played Killzone: Mercenary (loved it), and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. With the sales coming up, I'm looking for some ideas as to what to get next. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this until now.

Do you have PS+? If not, definitely get that - it's more than worth it. You'll currently get Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Soul Sacrifice, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, and Hotline Miami. Later in the month we'll get SASRT and Urban Trial.

Other than that...

I think Dragon's Crown is currently on sale for $20. If you like hack-n-slashes with RPG aspects, get it.

For indie games, Spelunky is addicting as hell and Guacamelee is awesome (and on sale for $3.75).

Tearaway just launched and there's a demo, so I highly suggest you download it and check it out. I also just downloaded the demo for Rainbow Moon, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a tactical TBS that's supposedly quite good if you like the genre.

What kind of games do you like?

I'll copy-paste my response (from earlier today) to that article here:

As a Vita owner of slightly over one year, I must say you pretty much nailed it (though I have no intention on getting a PS4, so I don't personally care about Remote Play).

The notion that the Vita doesn't have any games is simply a fallacy - in fact it arguably had the best launch roster of any console ever. That being said, the problem (if you'd call it that), is that there is no singular killer system seller like the 3DS has with Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem. Overall the Vita undoubtedly has more great games than the 3DS, but none that really compete with those aforementioned titles in many gamers' minds. Tearaway is freaking amazing, but will people buy a Vita just for that? I doubt it.

Oh and one last thing - I completely agree that PS+ is a necessity, even if you don't own a PS3 or PS4. I have such a huge backlog of Vita games because of it, not to mention some games I bought with PS+ discounts, like Guacamelee and Spelunky.

Edit: the only real problem is that if you want to play a lot of PSP games, prepare to overpay because Sony doesn't believe in dropping the price of old games like you'd see on Steam. Case in point, both GoW PSP games are $20 apiece.

As a Vita owner of slightly over one year, I must say you pretty much nailed it (though I have no intention on getting a PS4, so I don't personally care about Remote Play).

The notion that the Vita doesn't have any games is simply a fallacy - in fact it arguably had the best launch roster of any console ever. That being said, the problem (if you'd call it that), is that there is no singular killer system seller like the 3DS has with Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem. Overall the Vita undoubtedly has more great games than the 3DS, but none that really compete with those aforementioned titles in many gamers' minds. Tearaway is freaking amazing, but will people buy a Vita just for that? I doubt it.

Oh and one last thing - I completely agree that PS+ is a necessity, even if you don't own a PS3 or PS4. I have such a huge backlog of Vita games because of it, not to mention some games I bought with PS+ discounts, like Guacamelee and Spelunky.

Edit: the only real problem is that if you want to play a lot of PSP games, prepare to overpay because Sony doesn't believe in dropping the price of old games like you'd see on Steam. Case in point, both GoW PSP games are $20 apiece.

20 a pop for gow? D:

They are 7 euro here lol.

The only games that are expensive are some oldskool rpg's like riveria (17.99) and some other game that is like 25 euro's.

The majority of the games are around 5 to 10 euro in the Europe store, maybe a sign to switch account region? :P

20 a pop for gow? D:

The only games that are expensive are some oldskool rpg's like riveria (17.99) and some other game that is like 25 euro's.

The majority of the games are around 5 to 10 euro in the Europe store, maybe a sign to switch account region? :P

Not when I don't personally care about PSP games :P. I bought a Vita to play Vita games...if all I wanted were PSP games, I could have just taken my brother's PSP since he doesn't use it anymore.

20 a pop for gow? D:

Not when I don't personally care about PSP games :P. I bought a Vita to play Vita games...if all I wanted were PSP games, I could have just taken my brother's PSP since he doesn't use it anymore.

Some psp games are better played on the vita because of its twin-stick controls.

Monster hunter, resistance, and 3rd birthday comes into mind when you really need that second stick.

Plus the screen is bigger, it gets a filter so it doesn't appear as low-res as on the psp, plus the colors are better because of the oled screen.

I'm actually pretty excited about the ps vita slim now that I have a 3ds xl I'll be picking that up next. I can live with a lcd downgrade I dont reallly take my handhelds any place, I really hope the vita tv will be able to use the vita as a remote control soon.

20 a pop for gow? D:

Some psp games are better played on the vita because of its twin-stick controls.

Monster hunter, resistance, and 3rd birthday comes into mind when you really need that second stick.

Plus the screen is bigger, it gets a filter so it doesn't appear as low-res as on the psp, plus the colors are better because of the oled screen.

Oh I definitely agree PSP games are better on Vita, but that wasn't my point :P. My point is that it's not worth changing regions just for a few PSP games, not to mention I have NA PS+ thru 2016. lol