Sign in to follow this  
Nyt

My final day of high school...

So tomorrow is the day, my final day of high school...

After the last few hectic weeks studying for my finals, it is all over after tomorrow :D

So excited, but I also know that the new year will bring lots of new and more difficult challenges as I go into my first year of my 3 year long BSc in Computing and Mathematics - aka year 1 with Computer Science I, Applied Maths I, Mathematics I plus another subject I have yet to choose (probably Economics I) then year 2 with Computer Science II, Applied Maths II, Mathematics II and an extra subject based on learning more programming languages and the year 3 with Computer Science III and Applied Maths III. I will probably also do my 4th year Honors if I can.

So yeah, lots of challenges ahead :) Plus I still have to get my drivers license, been so busy with exams this year that I haven't got around to it - even though I've had my first car for around 3 months I've only driven like 30 minutes in it and am still learning how to pull off with a clutch :P

At least I have a nice break until registration in January and orientation in early Feb at the University, going to spend this time well by getting around to all the games I've been postponing :P

And since my Sapphire HD7990 has been giving me so much grief with Crossfire in games, I have a little present from the Green Team that will be awaiting me after I arrive from school tomorrow :D

Edited by Knight_72

You're only taking 4 classes? :huh:

How many do you take in America ?

Usually 15-24 credits with each class being 3 credits.

Per semester.

Also, "upgrading" from a 7990? Are you trying to be ridiculed?

Per semester.

Seems things are different in South Africa. Anyway, guess I'll find out in January anyway lol

When two 7970 cores are only half used or stutter so bad that you're forced to disable crossfire, your FPS and gameplay experience suffers.

And the "frame pacing" fix for AMD makes your screen flicker like mad, you really get irritated with it.

But if you can live with that then good for you but I'd rather avoid it when I can :P Why not get the fastest single GPU card around ? :D

Edited by Knight_72

Per semester.

Seems things are different in South Africa. Anyway, guess I'll find out in January anyway lol

When two 7970 cores are only half used or stutter so bad that you're forced to disable crossfire, your FPS and gameplay experience suffers.

And the "frame pacing" fix for AMD makes your screen flicker like mad, you really get irritated with it.

But if you can live with that then good for you but I'd rather avoid it when I can :P Why not get the fastest single GPU card around ? :D

Guess i better move to SA then, sounds like a piece of cake compared to all the classes we have to take here. Guess they don't make you do any general ed classes.I have 18 credit hours a semester for 4 years.. so assuming 3 credit hours a class that is 48 classes.. dang, hadn't looked at it like that before, though granted that is for a major and a minor. Hey nyt, got a spare bedroom? =p

I'm taking 18 credit hours and working about 25-30 hours per week on top of that. 4 classes sounds like cake. 

I'm lazy and only take ~12 credit semesters now lol

Congrats on the HS shiz and how does the permit/license system work there?? I'm surprised you haven't got your license yet.

You getting a 780Ti??