tool to troubleshoot Windows 7 shutdown

nice_shoes

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit OEM on my machine and I like it very well. I just recently put in a new SSD, and because of that I had to do a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit.

But.........just recently it seems like it is taking a bit longer for the system to shutdown...........nothing great, mind you, but just enough longer to be noticeable. I'm not sure if I've picked up some kind of a program that is doing this, and I'm not aware of it.

My F-Secure software hasn't reported anything to me, so hopefully this is not a virus or some type of mal-ware. I've tried to use the Windows task manager to determine what is running but I can't find anything obvious.

Soooooo.........is there any software out there that will record what is happening during the shutdown, and then report that back to me in a simple fashion? I know that Wevspot uses something that performs that function, but I think that the results that it gets are very complicated. I'm looking for something that will give me a simple report on how the system is shutting down.

Any ideas?