Soyo Mobo

This is actually my THIRD infinity. One for my bro(locked 2500+ @238mhz bus), and one for my roomate(locked 2500+ @ 226mhz bus). This one is for my parents PC. A T-Bred B 2600+ (333mhz) @ 2083mhz stock, one of those old odd ones, is currently in the new Infinity. I hit the 230 range with it before on my LanParty rev. A, so we will see how it goes.

Oh ya, if it isn't obvious, I LOVE DFI!!! :D

Well here it is after its execution. The BB's would only go through the pcb at point-blank range. It was kind of cool seeing the mosfets/capacitors spark after a BB hit them. They just don't make motherboards like they used to... :D:P

Edited by lilkev715

No no no!!! Do what I do when I am bored and have a spare cell phone to kill (I repair & program cell phones). Take a 12 volt power supply (a variable shop power supply that will hit 17 volts is even better) and hook up a pair of wires to the positive and negative terminals. Now ground the motherboard to the ground wire, and rake the positive wire across the board. Fireworks! Just make sure the room is well ventilated, and you must have eye protection!

That sounds like fun, but i dont have access to that type of equipment. Oh yeah, hitting those mosfets with the BB's definately stunk up the area around the mobo. If i can get a M80 i'll place it next to the mobo in a metal container.

done this with an FX5900ultra card. 12 gague is too big and powerful. .45 blows too big of a hole in it too. .22 was the right calibur for a job like this. enough force to blow thru without taking the whole thing with it.

agreed, i love blowing anything ican apart with mine, aol cd's, msn cd's, but usually old fried mobos and stuff end up going on my wall instad of shot.