Whiskey

Psywar

I usually just stick to Jack Daniels, will mix it with root beer or diet coke if anything. Fireball is also good if you like cinnamon. If I am feeling particularly festive or it is my birthday or something like that I will buy some scotch, Macallan, Glenlivet, etc.

Just had fireball for the first time, it was guuuuuud

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to give up my drinkin' ways several years ago, and while I've always been a sucker for a good dark rum sprinkled with some soda for "coloring", I've come across a couple whiskeys in my years that I enjoyed drinking. Now these are sipping whiskeys to enjoy in moderation.  Partly because good whiskey can be expensive and partly because whiskey can bring out the dark side in some of us (reference Doc's warning   :))

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

Blanton's Single Barrel

I usually just stick to Jack Daniels, will mix it with root beer or diet coke if anything. Fireball is also good if you like cinnamon. If I am feeling particularly festive or it is my birthday or something like that I will buy some scotch, Macallan, Glenlivet, etc.

Jack and Gummi Bears if I am not mistaken?  :teehee:

It makes all your problems go away.

Jim Bean is the way to go if you want to get some sleep.

I once tried to mix it with apple juice, and it was SO GOOOOoood that I had the bourbon's bottle empty in a jiffy.

It is almost dangerously smooth, I could not taste the bitterness of the alcohol, the effect has just caught me by surprise.

Or if you like orange juice and vodka, add a touch of rum on top, it softens the whole drink.

A friend of my parents who's a occasional drinker, has requested me to make her a second glass.

Now, I only have some 15 years aged El Dorado rum. Good for being taken straight.

You want to try some good scotch/whiskey? Try Lagavulin. It's perfect, especially if you like cigars. I'm not the heaviest of drinkers, but I can definitely drink Lagavulin for a long time. 

You can also go with Johnnie Walker, either Green or Gold. I personally think Blue Label is overpriced and I honestly prefer Lagavulin at half the price, but that's me. 

Also don't use too much ice, maybe 2 or 3 small ice cubes.... after writing this out I think I'll have myself a glass of Lagavulin. Cheers!

Now... beer, I love beer, I didn't care for it much when I first started drinking it, it's an acquired taste I think. Once I got into it though I fell in love with beer, the beer that really got me was Black Butte Porter, which is easily still one of my favorites. I've recently taken a huge liking to Scottish Ales though. I mostly stick to Schlafly's beers these days as they're the cheapest option but still great quality beers.

Black Butte is some good stuff, If you ever see it grab the Black Marlin from Ballast Point, delicious.  Oh and Old Chub, best scotch ale ever. It's like heaven in a glass.

I have never been a fan of whiskey... I mean i like it well enough, I buy it occastionally, will drink it if offered, dont mind if its in a mixed drink. But thats how i feel about all liquor really.

I am more of a Beer guy, and not just bud light garbage, I mean good beers. Craft beers. Microbrews and such. I mean I'll drink a miller lite well enough too, but i pretty full flavored specialty beers.

Now... beer, I love beer, I didn't care for it much when I first started drinking it, it's an acquired taste I think. Once I got into it though I fell in love with beer, the beer that really got me was Black Butte Porter, which is easily still one of my favorites. I've recently taken a huge liking to Scottish Ales though. I mostly stick to Schlafly's beers these days as they're the cheapest option but still great quality beers.

Black Butte is some good stuff, If you ever see it grab the Black Marlin from Ballast Point, delicious.  Oh and Old Chub, best scotch ale ever. It's like heaven in a glass.

I've been wanting to try Old Chub for a while now but can't get it, I probably need to get into a big city to find it.