Whiskey

Psywar

Bah-Blam!

It is 6:30am Saturday. I have been awake since... 6PM Thursday. 

So yeah I am tired, and I start randomly thinking about things that are just nonsense.

I don't drink much at all in the grand scheme of drinking. So I have not had the chance to really taste much of any alcohol. 

I do know that I have not ever tasted a beer that I enjoy. However, for some reason I enjoy whiskey and bourbon. 

Jack Daniels whiskey is decent to drink neat, but I enjoy Gentleman Jack better. I typically drink Gentleman Jack w/ Cherry Dr. Pepper. 

I think that is the bomb. Jim Beam Bourbon I drink in shot form. The Jim Beam is my "fancy" drink. I don't drink it often and I don't drink a whole lot of it.

While the Jack on the other hand I can go through 1/3 or more on a night we are either having a bad day or hanging out with friends.

The main reason I am posting is because I am wondering what all whiskies you guys enjoy drinking?

Maybe find out what the community enjoys best and I might give it a try.

I am currently looking for The Balvenie Doublewood Single Malt Whisky. It is apparently a Scotch Whiskey. I have no idea wtf that means. It sounds delicious though.

Has anyone ever had this?

What do you guys enjoy drinking? Do you drink your whiskey neat or on the rocks?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never found a whiskey I could handle... it's the Firewater for me... it makes me extremely mean and bad things happen LOL

Jack was always too sweet for me and made me sick. Back in the teen years it was SC and  Dew for me.

Whiskey for me has always left a path of destruction a mile wide but my pops told me that was a family trait LOL...

now when I want a drink i hit the vodka... it doesnt change my temper or mess with the Betes...

When I do imbibe, I pretty much only drink simgle malt scotch - preferrable Glenmorangie 12-year-old.

I also do Brandy from time to time.

As for beer - I really like Killian's Red. The taste gets better as you drink it - especially with BBQ/

Haven't found a domistic beer I like

Haven't found a domistic beer I like

Stick to local/smaller/micro breweries.  Here in Missouri I pretty much strictly drink Boulevard.  Occasionally I'll have Blue Moon or Sam Adams.  In CA Sierra Nevada is pretty good.  The only good mass produced beer imo is Yuengling but even that isn't widely available outside of the Eastern states.

Jack is my go to drink.  Usually on the rocks but I drank it neat last night, too cold here for ice I guess.

I really prefer Jameson, but it suddenly went up in price to much to drink regularly.  For Scotch Glenlivet is pretty great and would be my 'fancy' drink of choice.

Back in the day my buddies and I would grab a bottle of Old Grand Dad and torture ourselves with shots, you know for fun.  They even make a 100 proof  :sick:

Jack is my go to drink.  Usually on the rocks but I drank it neat last night, too cold here for ice I guess.

I really prefer Jameson, but it suddenly went up in price to much to drink regularly.  For Scotch Glenlivet is pretty great and would be my 'fancy' drink of choice.

Back in the day my buddies and I would grab a bottle of Old Grand Dad and torture ourselves with shots, you know for fun.  They even make a 100 proof  :sick:

LOL! I had a good night with old grand dad that turned into bad night with just finishing off a mixed Tequila drink... EFF Tequila