USB 3.0 Ports Not Working

Wingspar

Please post up another pic of your device manager now that you've installed all the drivers.

Also (still in device manager) click on "View" and select "Show Hidden Devices"

Give the list a moment to re-populate.  Do you seen any other devices with warning marks next to them?  If so please post up a pic of that.

Other trouble shooting and potential fixes include;

Make sure you are running the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard.  If not update to latest.

If you are running the latest BIOS revision, clear CMOS and reload default values.

Disconnect all currently connected USB devices (except for keyboard and mouse if applicable) for now.

Update the USB Firmware and Drivers, specifically make sure that you are running the latest versions of the following - if in doubt go ahead and re-install / update anyway;

Intel USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller Driver

ASMedia USB 3.0 Driver

ASMedia USB 3.0 Firmware

Reboot as needed and begin reconnecting USB devices.  You should probably start with the one that is giving you the trouble right now.

Here is the latest Device Manager.  I clicked on

Edited by wingspar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing - yes those are warnings  :)

Right mouse click on the "SM Bus Controller" and select properties.  Under the "General" tab take a look at the "Device Status" box.  What does it say?

Do the same for the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

Wing - yes those are warnings   :)

Right mouse click on the "SM Bus Controller" and select properties.  Under the "General" tab take a look at the "Device Status" box.  What does it say?

Do the same for the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

SM Bus Controller" and select properties.  Under the "General" tab it says,

The drivers for this device are not installed.  (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver

If I click

Gary, what version of Windows are you running and I'll point you to the drivers you need.

Edit: Here you'll have to do some of your own work   :)   I'm going to provide a link.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_PRO/#support

Click on "Driver & Tools"

Select "Operating System"

Expand "Chipset"

Download and install the following;

Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1021 for Windows..............................

Intel® Management Engine Interface V8.1.0.1263............................

Reboot

Back to Asus Driver & Tools

Expand "LAN"

Download and install the following;

Intel LAN Driver V17.3.0.0...................................................

Reboot

Back to Asus Driver & Tools

Now I really do need to know what version of Windows you are running to make sure that I point you towards the correct Intel and ASmedia USB 3.0 drivers and driver controller

I've used teamviewer to set up cameras to off site laptops,.. but never thought about using it for helping someone configure network connections or drivers.

Sometimes it's vary difficult explaining which tabs to expand or what to click on,.. it would be sweet to just log on and do it quickly for them.  

Edited by Braegnok

Gary, what version of Windows are you running and I'll point you to the drivers you need.

Here is the OS:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1

I followed that link to see where it took me, but I really won

I've used teamviewer to set up cameras to off site laptops,.. but never thought about using it for helping someone configure network connections or drivers.

Sometimes it's vary difficult explaining which tabs to expand or what to click on,.. it would be sweet to just log on and do it quickly for them.  

I used to use LogMeIn before Teamviewer but they made their android app paid and Teamviewer is equally as sweet BUT LogMeIn had a way you could just send a link to someone and I believe they installed a mini client that let you work with their computer remotely. I did it once but it was sooo long ago so I forget the particulars

Gary, on the same driver download page you will find the Intel USB 3.0 driver, the Intel USB 3.0 controller driver and the ASmedia USB 3.0 driver. You'll need to download and install all three of those driver packages. Make sure and choose the ones that go with your version of Windows.