'Star Wars: Episode VII' coming............

kyfire

'Star Wars: Episode VII' coming to theaters on Dec. 18, 2015
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:20 PM EST

Disney and Lucasfilm will release J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars: Episode VII" on December 18, 2015.

With pre-production in full-swing, shooting is scheduled to begin this coming spring at Pinewood Studios.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=838026

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot wait to meet Han and Leia's son and daughter (Jacen and Jaina). I also hope we get to see Luke dabble on the Dark Side for a bit in the movie.

I really wish Disney, Lucas Arts would get together with Bioware and make a movie from the SW: Knights of the Old Republic stuff.

The cinematic's Bioware released for SWTOR were just incredible.

On another note: If any of you were fans of The Clone Wars (Cartoon) They will be coming out with a new one called Star Wars: Rebels : http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

I am kind of disappointed they wont finish The Clone Wars. It was getting really darn good. Darth Maul was such an awesome character. If you never seen the show I would highly recommend it.

Can't wait for a new Star Wars, which indirectly reminds me (don't vaporize me with your blasters), that I still need to see the newest Star Trek.

I cannot wait to meet Han and Leia's son and daughter (Jacen and Jaina). I also hope we get to see Luke dabble on the Dark Side for a bit in the movie.

I really wish Disney, Lucas Arts would get together with Bioware and make a movie from the SW: Knights of the Old Republic stuff.

The cinematic's Bioware released for SWTOR were just incredible.

On another note: If any of you were fans of The Clone Wars (Cartoon) They will be coming out with a new one called Star Wars: Rebels : http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

I am kind of disappointed they wont finish The Clone Wars. It was getting really darn good. Darth Maul was such an awesome character. If you never seen the show I would highly recommend it.

Yeah I saw some Clone Wars and it seemed cool but the story was all over the place and I caught episodes infrequently

The story was kind of all over.

It was more in-sync though if you had watched them episode by episode. At least I should say when they jumped around you eventually found out why and it all tied back together. 

I just seen they canceled Star Wars 1313.. I wonder when they did that.. I was looking forward to it.

• 5 months later...

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

And just in case some were hoping for any of the current Expanded Universe to make it into the new film, sorry. Pretty much everything not in the movies or Clone Wars show is no longer canon, including any of the games. Going forward everything will be canon, like these four confirmed stories. Previous EU stuff is now part of the "Legends" series; based on Star Wars, but not official.

Yup, no expanded universe. It's going to take place 30 years or so from where Return of the Jedi took place.

Lucas originally envisioned Episdes VII - IX taking place 20ish years after the end of RotJ. Just needed to advance it a bit considering the ages of the original cast, lol. Well, not for Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker, considering they're in costume the whole time. How Mayhew is going to get around considering he recently had knee surgery, well, that's another matter.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

And just in case some were hoping for any of the current Expanded Universe to make it into the new film, sorry. Pretty much everything not in the movies or Clone Wars show is no longer canon, including any of the games. Going forward everything will be canon, like these four confirmed stories. Previous EU stuff is now part of the "Legends" series; based on Star Wars, but not official.

I'll be the first (here) to call bullllllsssshhhhiiiit. The books that came after the RotJ was released were some of the best Star Wars stuff around.

I'll be the first (here) to call bullllllsssshhhhiiiit. The books that came after the RotJ was released were some of the best Star Wars stuff around.

A good majority of the sci-fi books I've read have been from the Star Wars EU. Haven't gone through the last two of the Legacy of the Force series or any of the Fate of the Jedi series, but otherwise I've read pretty much all of them set after/during the original trilogy.

The Thrawn trilogy is up there as some of the best you can read, as is the entire New Jedi Order series. Now..  now we're pretty much left with this.

I would really, really love to see them do a Star Wars : Old Republic movie series.

I agree with Waco though, the stories we read from the EU books make me feel like there is going to be no way for them to make the next 3 movies any better. I actually feel like I am going to be robbed because of what I already know to happen most likely will not happen. Hopefully they stick to most of it and just change it slightly.