Choose Configure
14ek.png

Click on the Slots tab and select your gpu and click edit

Scroll down to the Extra slot options

7m2x.png

click on add

7i1q.png

type in the Name box client-type and in the value box advanced and click OK

This will allow you to be able to receive Core_17 work units, in my case my GTX 770 would NOT play nice and was directed to give the beta flag a try vs advanced and it worked but for the majority of users advanced is what you should use.

I'm not a folding master these days but it's what I've gathered over the last week or so getting a couple systems back up and running so hope it helps.
Edited by cchalogamer

You should also set the CPU to use one less core than it has (virtual or real) to dedicate to feeding the GPU data when using the new Core_17 units if you're CPU folding on the same rig, I kinda left that one out .  Just open up the CPU slot instead of the GPU and change the number of CPU threads this slot should use to one less than you have (quad core 3, quad with hyper threading 7, 500 cores 499, etc. :)

Now if nVidia will get a driver that will both play BF4 AND fold well I'll be happy. Right now BF4 > F@H for me :lol:

You should also set the CPU to use one less core than it has (virtual or real) to dedicate to feeding the GPU data when using the new Core_17 units if you're CPU folding on the same rig, I kinda left that one out .  Just open up the CPU slot instead of the GPU and change the number of CPU threads this slot should use to one less than you have (quad core 3, quad with hyper threading 7, 500 cores 499, etc. :)

Now if nVidia will get a driver that will both play BF4 AND fold well I'll be happy. Right now BF4 > F@H for me :lol:

Was just going to suggest the same thing about leaving one core for the gpu... I did that on my folding rigs and gained a few thousand ppd's... I'm running nvidia cards though, and I'm not sure the amd cards require it... you might need to play around to see what gives the best numbers..

Wasn't too sure, the newest AMD card I have is my "old" 6950 2GB that I tossed in my server, tried it out on Core 17 and it WAS eating a full core of the E8400 but idk (in other news it's good for ~13K ppd like that vs 9K without the advanced flag) However I just looked at it again (Been running for a few days now) and it's bouncing between 22 and 43% so I guess not as important with AMD.  

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1963/2ddf.png if for some reason you want to see what I'm getting with the older tech.

I think it uses a little bit but nothing like nvidia from what I have read, I give them all the cores to use since smp isnt worth running to me anymore when there is a video card there doing 100,000 ppd I could care less about maxing out my cpu for 5 or 6 thousand ppd...

Edited by road-runner