FPS Recommendation, for single player

ivangela

So, as the topic suggests, I'm not really into the multiplayer aspect of the military FPS but would like one with a good campaign.

Reviews of BF4 suggest it is the opposite of what I want. I've already played the Crysis games. Any different  suggestions?

Metro 2033

Sniper Wlite V@

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

Mafia II

BioShock

Borderlands

Dead Space

Assassin"s Creed

Alan Wake

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Edited by kyfire

The new Tomb Raider was pretty good.

I'm currently playing the BF4 single player campaign and i think its fun. It mean its nothing spectacular. But its still good. But game itself it good, which helps add a lot of individualization to the game. You can be a sneaky sniper... Or a demo-fiend... It's really fun to be sitting there pinned down, unable to advance and just say eff it. Slap the C4 on a wall, blow a giant hole in the wall then flank the enemy with a path you made yourself. If you like FPS' then you'll like BF4.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is by far my favourite single player series. Plenty of graphical and gameplay mods too but if you stick to the Complete Mod for each game and then also add the realistic weapons mod then each title plays like a brand new AAA title. I find it hard to believe at times that I am playing a game that came out 6 years ago.

Thanks for the advice. I have a few of these in my Steam portfolio, so we're probably gonna start with Metro 2033. I thought about STALKER too, so I'm glad it comes so highly recommended. Don't have Borderlands 2, so I'll have to pick it up on the cheap in the future.

Borderlands 2 should be at the top of this list. Bioshock Infinite is up there as well.

i want to get into both of those but haven't done so yet...last light is awesome with good graphx/physx