Sign in to follow this  
Miek

Chrome for Android: Downloaded Images Take Forever to Appear in Galler

Firstly, I'm hoping I put this thread in the right place. I think I managed to make the title too long and get the last letter cut off, too. Heh.

I'm on a Galaxy S4. Chrome overall is a pretty solid browser and I love how it syncs with the version on my desktop. My only complaint is that downloaded images take FOREVER to show up in the gallery, or sometimes not at all unless I toggle WiFi or mobile data on/off or restart my phone. Is there any sort of fix for this, or does anyone know if Google's actually working on doing something about it?

Edited by Miek

That's just issues with how often your gallery syncs. You may be able to play with settings and get it to check more often or you could try using a different gallery app.

It doesn't happen in any browser but Chrome. It's instant othwerwise. This is definitely a Chrome sspecifc issue and others have reoorted the same problem but I have yet to find a real solution.

This recommendation won't fix that quirk, but there is an excellent app that is a great workaround.

Check out Quickpic at the Playstore.

A superior alternative IMHO.

This recommendation won't fix that quirk, but there is an excellent app that is a great workaround.

Check out Quickpic at the Playstore.

A superior alternative IMHO.

+1 QuickPic kicks ass!!

(so does Dolphin, screw Chrome lol)

Hey IVI

I like Dolphin too, but I've found an Android browser that beats it hands down IMHO;  Maxthon

And in fact, I've also tried Maxthon's Windows Browser (both the latest stand alone and the cloud version).  There is a lot of potential there.

My only gripe is that the company is based out of China and not sure how much I trust my net traffic through something coded over there............. 

I guess on the bright side, the US has the NSA so nothing is really private or secure anyways  :)

Hey IVI

I like Dolphin too, but I've found an Android browser that beats it hands down IMHO;  Maxthon

And in fact, I've also tried Maxthon's Windows Browser (both the latest stand alone and the cloud version).  There is a lot of potential there.

My only gripe is that the company is based out of China and not sure how much I trust my net traffic through something coded over there............. 

I guess on the bright side, the US has the NSA so nothing is really private or secure anyways   :)

I'll have to try that then, nothing has changed me from Dolphin. Firefox was such a let down :(

The gallery bases its content on the latest scan of the SD card. You'll have to find a way to get it to scan when you want or you'll have to use another gallery that isn't dependent on it.