Sign in to follow this  
cjloki

The 8.1 pro preview just changed to 8.1

this evening without any warning, my bloodbath gamer popped up with a system notification that said it is ready to upgrade to windows 8.1 pro with media center 64 bit..."to accept and continue click next" ...so i did...

i've been running the 8.1 preview and providing feedback since about may or june, and enjoying it for the most part, but this was completely unexpected...

i thought that i would be required to revert back to the original win8 before i would be allowed to upgrade but that was not the case, it did all the work for me...

...now all that needs to be done is to reload all my games and apps and reconfigure the entire machine back like i had it...(not really fun)

i still had to make the ms phone call to activate but that all worked at their end too...the final decision: whether or not to start from scratch to rebuild all my steam and origin stuff and settings, or try reconfigure with what's already saved in onboard storage drives...i can't decide...