7950 vapor-x boost oc flash to R9 280X

Argaliad

So i found this http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/146790/sapphire-r9280x-3072-130902.html

Currently i am running 1100/1500 (power phase 8+8) and i have the unlocked voltage model.

My question is should i try it, has anyone else tried it, is there a chance of success?

Edited by Argaliad

The only way you could even have a chance at success would be if you card could first be flashed to a 7970 like the really early HD 7950's. At that point you could try. The fact that the R9 280X is basically Tahiti XT silicon there is a chance of success. However it is much easier to just set a profile with higher clock speeds in TriXX, Afterburner or ASUS utility. 

Ya I wouldn't do it, if it goes bad you will lose your card.

The only way you could even have a chance at success would be if you card could first be flashed to a 7970 like the really early HD 7950's. At that point you could try. The fact that the R9 280X is basically Tahiti XT silicon there is a chance of success. However it is much easier to just set a profile with higher clock speeds in TriXX, Afterburner or ASUS utility. 

Listen to the experts. :teehee: Do not flash!!