curious to know if this is normal or not

Gamer76

Hi   I've noticed my GTX680 went into overdrive and uses so much voltage and the temp went to 100degree. I have adjusted the fan to full to cool it down ...... So i thought it must have some dust in it.. I have removed it and cleaned it..  it wasnt much dust really , just a lil bit. I opened the outer case and see if insides ok. I noticed that R22 chip in the middle is missing or is that how it is ?  The red cap at the top left side is leaking abit.  This graphic card is only a year old.
I have updated the EVGA software to make few adjustment to bring down the temp. but i dont really know whats right voltage, power target, GPU clock offset etc. 

I mainly use internet and youtube clips to watch ........ 

Sorry I didnt get to print screen the previous one when it went into overdrive ..........

post-86200-0-13248500-1382578098_thumb.jpg

post-86200-0-89102000-1382578226_thumb.jpg

nothing really ..  just reading facebook feeds ....this got me stumped...  i think since i have updated to latest evga software that seems to have fixed it ....

Then it might have been a software glitch.

Hi   I've noticed my GTX680 went into overdrive and uses so much voltage and the temp went to 100degree. I have adjusted the fan to full to cool it down ...... So i thought it must have some dust in it.. I have removed it and cleaned it..  it wasnt much dust really , just a lil bit. I opened the outer case and see if insides ok. I noticed that R22 chip in the middle is missing or is that how it is ?  The red cap at the top left side is leaking abit.  This graphic card is only a year old.

I have updated the EVGA software to make few adjustment to bring down the temp. but i dont really know whats right voltage, power target, GPU clock offset etc. 

I mainly use internet and youtube clips to watch ........ 

Sorry I didnt get to print screen the previous one when it went into overdrive ..........

if you have a cap leaking you need to rma. a cap shouldn't leak and could cause a serious issue.

looks leaking to me .. not glued down. I'll have another look later this week to see if theres any more leaks .

yeah it could be software glitch as well ....  i'll keep an eye on it for few wks 

its all good now ... i had to do system restore point ... and now its fine..  So i think it was one of these freebies online pc games that i download it and it was trojen. Even kaspersky didnt get rid of it for some reason.. but it did warned me about it . so i didnt install it .....  
Anyway its fine now and back to normal :)