Turntable question about copyright

kennethk

I was thinking of getting something like this since I always wanted a vinyl collection although I know nothing about them.

If I go to rip a vinyl full albums to .mp3 would that be legally fine? SUrprisingly a lot of artists till gets vinyl printed.

Any recommend turntables that usb connectable? Cheaper price please. I'd also like it to have audio/headphone jack if possible as well as it not being usb power only.

As far as I know, it is legal to rip music from any media to MP3 for PERSONAL use.

When you start distributing said MP3, you have broken the barrier.

On the hardware side, this table seems to be on the low-priced side. Seen some Nexxtech (The Source in Canada)

and a Sony. The Sony was priced 3 times the Nexxtech, which cost a bit more than the Pyle you are looking at, but

it included some remastering software. If you don't have a turntable, I believe this is the cheapest solution.

Otherwise, you could look at a turntable preamplifier. These have RCA cables, so you would need a 1/8th jack

adapter for your soundcard, whose again Pyle are making.

I bought the Pyle preamp to my father for him to rip his vinyls, a new needle and a Sony software that was on sale.

Quality is pretty good, music is clear, sometimes the scratches are too deep to remove digitally, but that

happens no matter how you take care of them.

No it'd be better to get a better quality vintage turntable with a good cart and needle. Then get a good phono stage a record via rca inputs on a good PC soundcard. I wouldn't use any of these all in one products marketed for transferring vinyl to MP3.

No it'd be better to get a better quality vintage turntable with a good cart and needle. Then get a good phono stage a record via rca inputs on a good PC soundcard. I wouldn't use any of these all in one products marketed for transferring vinyl to MP3.

+1

Any recommendations? 

Any recommendations?

No not really as there are so many TT around. Depends on what is available in your area. So what's your price and post code so I can look on ebay. A TT is not something you want shipped or something you want to buy sight unseen.

I should also add that you could buy new as there are some great quality new turntables been made. Ie the Project Debut III and the Rega P1 or there are the debut carbon and RP1 models which are better but these are all great entry level turntables that will set you back $300-450

Any recommendations?

No not really as there are so many TT around. Depends on what is available in your area. So what's your price and post code so I can look on ebay. A TT is not something you want shipped or something you want to buy sight unseen.

I should also add that you could buy new as there are some great quality new turntables been made. Ie the Project Debut III and the Rega P1 or there are the debut carbon and RP1 models which are better but these are all great entry level turntables that will set you back $300-450

Anything under $100s would suit me and shipping speeds not that big of deal, I just wanted to start collecting them really. The art work in them is still different.

Any recommendations?

Anything under $100s would suit me and shipping speeds not that big of deal, I just wanted to start collecting them really. The art work in them is still different.

Its the shipping speed or cost its how easily it can be damaged in transport

Any recommendations?

Then go with a cheap TT and once you have a good collection of records, invest in a used thorens TT. You can also look around for some custom TT shops. TTs are kind of like computers. To get a really good one, people tend to essentially gut the TT and then add after market parts. 

The store that I like to go to has a bunch of thorens record players that they essentially redesigned from the ground up. 

That all being said, you can still get a very good cost effective record player, but expect to be paying closer to 300+ 

For your record player, I would suggest a audio technica record player. It is not the best, but you can easily find after market cartridges and start familiarizing yourself with how you can improve the sound of a TT for cheap.   

I've got an old Technics professional series turntable that I've had for at least 15 years.  It cost a fortune when I bought it so I've held onto it.  While I don't use it much any more, I did buy a preamp a few years back and spent weeks ripping my vinyl collection to MP3s.  The results were decent - including the classic hiss, pop and occasional crackling of a good vinyl record  :)