I GOT THE JOB! :D

Onion

Oh those fun jobs where you're selling stuff yet making no commission. Hope you enjoy it, just try not to piss off any boss or say something you're not. I couldn't work at Best Buy. :lol: Too fake, stick to a script, but at least you'll have more knowledge than most of the employees there I've dealt with.

Remember, if someone looks a bit confused, TALK TO THEM! Makes me mad seeing people at Best Buy with no one even close to help them, despite the confused looks.

I'm perfect for the job, I did that before even working at Best Buy. :lol:

If you're in a Bright House Networks area, get a job there instead. $12/hr full time with commission for Technical Care Professional (Tier 3 Tech Support for Internet/Cable TV/Home Phone). Great benefits: great health/dental/vision/life insurance/etc plans (cheap for single person), free cable/tv, big discounts on all the non-free services, 401k & pension, and etc. Work there for ~6 months, get certified in whatever field you like and they will transfer you if they have a slot internally. A lot of people get transferred out of TCP for networking, IT, business ($$$$$$$ commission, see expensive cars in the lot). You won't have trouble finding roommates when they figure out you get like ~$300/month worth of services for like $25/month (that includes 90 mbps/10mbps internet).

Just finished my 3rd week of training with them. The people are all great and they treat their employees really good. National Customer Service Week was this week and they held all these events each day. A bunch of raffles, free food/snacks, and goodies.

Edited by AZNguyen

I'm as surprised as you are lol. I applied for Geek Squad and got declined because I don't have a bachelor's degree in tech, which is stupid. I'm A+ certified and have years of experience. My three previous jobs were IT jobs, too... Hopefully I can transfer sometime soon.

Uh that's crazy.  Why would anyone with a Bachelors degree in a technology field want to work in the geek squad? There is no way they have many of those...

But congrats on the job, it's a good way to get your foot in the door, goodluck!  :)

Good work!! Hope it turns out good for you (or at least a solid experience padder)

If you're in a Bright House Networks area, get a job there instead. $12/hr full time with commission for Technical Care Professional (Tier 3 Tech Support for Internet/Cable TV/Home Phone). Great benefits: great health/dental/vision/life insurance/etc plans (cheap for single person), free cable/tv, big discounts on all the non-free services, 401k & pension, and etc. Work there for ~6 months, get certified in whatever field you like and they will transfer you if they have a slot internally. A lot of people get transferred out of TCP for networking, IT, business ($$$$$$$ commission, see expensive cars in the lot). You won't have trouble finding roommates when they figure out you get like ~$300/month worth of services for like $25/month (that includes 90 mbps/10mbps internet).

Just finished my 3rd week of training with them. The people are all great and they treat their employees really good. National Customer Service Week was this week and they held all these events each day. A bunch of raffles, free food/snacks, and goodies.

That's amazing, I'd do that even though I'm studying chemistry lol

That sounds really nice, but unfortunately, these are the only Florida locations.

4NPKW.png

Update: Nevermind, I see what you mean now. You're in Jacksonville area, nothing near there.

Where do you live now? I thought you were still in Florida. They service other areas: Bakersfield, California, Birmingham, Alabama, Orlando, Florida, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Tampa Bay, Florida. I think Orlando is their biggest call center though.

Edited by AZNguyen

Update: Nevermind, I see what you mean now. You're in Jacksonville area, nothing near there.

Where do you live now? I thought you were still in Florida. They service other areas: Bakersfield, California, Birmingham, Alabama, Orlando, Florida, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, and Tampa Bay, Florida. I think Orlando is their biggest call center though.

Yeah, Jacksonville isn't really Florida because it's the actual south. :lol: 

Congrats!!   :thumbsup:

Surprised though, Tablet sales and not Geek squad?  Sales will probably be more fun anyhow.

They don't let just anyone on the geek squad. You have to earn your degree in bs and scamming first.

Dont you think he has earned those credentials already LOL! 

Congrats!!   :thumbsup:

Surprised though, Tablet sales and not Geek squad?  Sales will probably be more fun anyhow.

They don't let just anyone on the geek squad. You have to earn your degree in bs and scamming first.

Dont you think he has earned those credentials already LOL! 

This is true....