kennethk

WD gives great support

I was able to get my RMA done within the week.

So my drive started clicking about the first rma, sense it went bad again they let me upgrade to a 3tb hdd and I got it within the next day of sending my old one in. So props to them for their good support!

indeed they do. I had a 1tb go out due to a dying MB western digital had me taken care of within a week and a half even paid for shipping to them.

indeed they do. I had a 1tb go out due to a dying MB western digital had me taken care of within a week and a half even paid for shipping to them.

Too bad they aren't making SSHDs

They have always given me stellar customer support. Glad to see they are keeping it up.

They're ok... Seagate's RMA service is better and simpler though. (Plus WD's Advance RMA didn't pay for shipping to them like Seagate always has for me)

Not to mention their RMA management tools/navigation are/is pretty bad and they never told me they received my dead drive...even on the RMA status page it wasn't well documented. Seagate always gave me emails with every update on their end

Edited by IVIYTH0S

WD support has sucked for me... I had several drives die and one of them within the warranty date but because I called them one day after due to being extremely busy they would not do anything for me....

If you call in and ask for a shipping label they'll generally do it, if not act like you're pissed over it going out and talk to a manager.

Managers generally give grade A service no matter what company you're cussing out.

If you call in and ask for a shipping label they'll generally do it, if not act like you're pissed over it going out and talk to a manager.

Managers generally give grade A service no matter what company you're cussing out.

Either way Seagate wins for less effort and better updating of the progress...though I'm not sure if WD has paid shipping both ways in the past (I've gone through a host of Scorpio Blues) as I'm referring to a more recent RMA I had to do.

Either way Seagate wins for less effort and better updating of the progress...though I'm not sure if WD has paid shipping both ways in the past (I've gone through a host of Scorpio Blues) as I'm referring to a more recent RMA I had to do.

I mailed my HDD Tuesday and got it back by Friday if that says anything.

I've dealt with a few WD RMAs with nothing really good or bad to say, but I've got to say Seagate is very good with the process (and they better be seeing as how the only non refurb seagate desktop drives I have at the moment are the 2TB ones in my server and one 1TB that I didn't test until I was out of warranty but it's bad per Seagate's own software test. That makes around 10 refurb 500 and 1TB HDDs I still have of theirs.) It's a wonder I even consider buying anything from them these days with the fail rates I saw back in the 7200.10-7200.12 days but like I said they made it smooth to get them replaced so I won't get too upset.

They sent back your harddrive?! (just kidding, I know what you meant) Yeah their shipping to me was fast but I picked the slowest cheapest mail back to them...I was so pissed I had to pay them after all the super smooth Seagate RMAs I've done and past WD RMAs where I don't remember paying shipping back (unless they didn't have advance rma choices)

I've dealt with a few WD RMAs with nothing really good or bad to say, but I've got to say Seagate is very good with the process (and they better be seeing as how the only non refurb seagate desktop drives I have at the moment are the 2TB ones in my server and one 1TB that I didn't test until I was out of warranty but it's bad per Seagate's own software test. That makes around 10 refurb 500 and 1TB HDDs I still have of theirs.) It's a wonder I even consider buying anything from them these days with the fail rates I saw back in the 7200.10-7200.12 days but like I said they made it smooth to get them replaced so I won't get too upset.

I've had much more WDs die on me but all companies have their bad eggs. I had a 7200.11 die on me from the infamous bad firmware bug (that I knew of but didn't flash the firmware to prevent so it's my fault I doomed 700GB+ of anime) and recently a different 7200.11 (my replacement is a 7200DM or something that's fast as hell) that had served me well for years. I had to have gone through 3 500GB scorpio blues, and then 1 750GB Scopio blues recently.

My dad's 500GB 7200.12 has been awesome, I was floored by the performance of that drive when I bought it for him... (I had a velociraptor too and it seemed just as fast but much more quiet)

I'd still buy either though, but will gladly stick up for Seagate drives. (also my only Samsung drive I ever owned died and that's how I got the Scorpio Blue 750)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

They sent back your harddrive?! (just kidding, I know what you meant) Yeah their shipping to me was fast but I picked the slowest cheapest mail back to them...I was so pissed I had to pay them after all the super smooth Seagate RMAs I've done and past WD RMAs where I don't remember paying shipping back (unless they didn't have advance rma choices)

I've had much more WDs die on me but all companies have their bad eggs. I had a 7200.11 die on me from the infamous bad firmware bug (that I knew of but didn't flash the firmware to prevent so it's my fault I doomed 700GB+ of anime) and recently a different 7200.11 (my replacement is a 7200DM or something that's fast as hell) that had served me well for years. I had to have gone through 3 500GB scorpio blues, and then 1 750GB Scopio blues recently.

My dad's 500GB 7200.12 has been awesome, I was floored by the performance of that drive when I bought it for him... (I had a velociraptor too and it seemed just as fast but much more quiet)

I'd still buy either though, but will gladly stick up for Seagate drives. (also my only Samsung drive I ever owned died and that's how I got the Scorpio Blue 750)

That's probably why they give you 5 years instead of 3.