Sure got quiet in here again

road-runner

trying to seal a deal with bosco on a 7970, i'm trying to bump up some points, now i'm wondering, which cards should i have in which system, i have the system in my signature, the 4760k with an asrock board ( i forget the model) 4gb ram, 8800gt, 600w ocz psu ( i think ), my old amd system, 965, gigabyte 890fxa ud5, 4gb ram, 650 ti, corsair cx430 

i dont want to put the new amd card in my main system because i game on it and watch tv and videos on it and i always forget to turn the client back on when i go to bed/work, i want this thing crankin 24/7,so what configuration would work best? i realize i may have to switch a psu around or even get a new one, i dont know if i can pull it all off, i may have to set the 8800gt to the side

Camaro...you're my only threat...give it a little over a year, if nothing changes I'm third...I'll never catch Roadrunner or Hyper but 3rd is cool!

You produce about the same as me, a little short but I monitor production at a site from extremeoverclocking and they list everyone's PPD and colorcode who your gaining on and who is gaining on you...you're it bud, my only threat (sometimes), lol

if got something up my sleeve though, i have a nice cozy pcie slot cleared out in the folding farm, right next to my new haswell chip, and yes ive been watching you on extremeoc too, on the days of lower production that means im gaming lol or watching netflix and have the client turned of of my 275's

and if its a netflix night i usually fall asleep before turning the client back on, i need a sleep timer for my folding client lol

Yea you can get 100,000 ppd with a 7970..  My last one got a open box power color vortex for $280.00, can get em for 275.00 if you keep an eye out for sales... I saw the other day dave or bosco had some for sale on the forum here also...

how ?

...i have a spare one just sitting here getting dusty (it came from dave)...

The new Core 17 should allow AMD cards to rake in a ton of points. If you aren't using it, feel free to send it my way. I'll ensure it be put to good use :) I'll even throw in $100 for good measure  :teehee:

well alrighty then,  if it's new then i haven't had the opportunity.... i'll give it a try

love ya prunes but, no,  you can't have it...

of course as soon as i buy something new

You have been aroiund long enough you should know something new comes out ever couple months its seems you can never have the latest greatest unless you have unlimited funds lol... They are over $500.00 also..