Crosshair V Formula-Z Upgrade

Hey guys I have been stalking these forums for a while, love and trust the reviews here at OCC. I don't get the time to research new stuff but have always appreciated and respected the advice I get here at OCC so I am reaching out again to get some advice for a long over due, and greatly needed up upgrade for my aging dinosaur of a PC.

My Current Rig is a AMD Phenom II X4 940, Thermaltake Frio in a Gigabyte 790X DS4 with 8 Gigs of DDR2, and Corsair TX 750 w PSU. and 2X 5830 all in a Antec 900 wrapper that is now almost 6 years old. And my motherboard is 5 years old So I am a bit over due for some upgrades. My last upgrade was the PSU and Vid Cards. 2+ years ago

My Intended upgrade

MB Crosshair V Formula-Z and 2 x 8 GB Sticks of DDR3_the MB manual says:  AMD AM3+ FX

Yeah pretty much because its going to be spread out over 6 months I figure prices and options will change a bit... as far as CPU I want to get an 8 core a stand alone water cooler for CPU and either a CM or Corsair case. ETC ETC

X4 940s are AM2+ only! You cannot use them in AM3 DDR3 boards.

Lab Rat is right you have the older version of phenom using the +2 socket my advice would be for the moment to do the power supply and maybe the video card or case because your memory and cpu cant be done without the motherboard and that cant be done without getting a new cpu.