Sign in to follow this  
kennethk

Bluetooth Idea

If i have the same exact bluetooth speaker set would it be possible to mount 5 of them onto the wall and sync them all together as well as pair them to more than 2 bluetooth sources?

This way I could have sort of a wireless 5.1 bluetooth speaker set up.

I'm pretty sure you can't connect more than one speaker at a time as separate devices. You might wanna check if you can find somekind of hub that connects to your phone via bluetooth then broadcasts the sound to multiple speakers either wireless or via bluetooth. I'm at work now but will look into it later if nothings comes up.

Sounds like a crazy idea to me, why not just run cable to a amp, it will sound much, much better.

Won't work but you can buy a Bluetooth reciever to plug into an amp. You could speaker fill to 5.1 but couldn't send 5.1 over Bluetooth as you just can't send enough data.

Won't work but you can buy a Bluetooth reciever to plug into an amp. You could speaker fill to 5.1 but couldn't send 5.1 over Bluetooth as you just can't send enough data.

The Idea was to be able to have wireless speakers spread across the room so I wouldn't have to worry about wires.

Worry about wires its much cheaper. Also how large is your room that an ordinary stereo setup couldn't fill it with sound.

Your only option is really going to be a soundbar with a wireless sound. Your going to get decent sound at best.

Don't they sell wireless 5.1 systems?

Usually only the side and rear speakers but sometimes all the speakers but usually front speakers and sub a wired and the receiver is wired but it'll possibly support WiFi or Bluetooth playback.