Sign in to follow this  
IVIYTH0S

Should I buy this?

So my dad's friend is rich and buys super prebuilds....and he's upgrading imminently and is offering I buy his old system.

So for $200 I get

Dell XPS (a red anodized aluminum XPS chassis)

CPU: Intel Core i7-965 Extreme-Level 2 (factory O/C to 3.73GHZ), liquid cooled

RAM: 6GB (3x2GB I'm guessing)

GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX550Ti

DVD Burner: Check

Card Reader: Check:

Bluetooth: Check

Sound Card: Some kind of soundblaster

Lighting: Interior lighting and theater lighting.

1232456_10200731910324438_298273944_n.jp

1369077_10200731910284437_921206215_n.jp

He says I can do whatever I want to it...so what should I do. I feel like I could definitely make a small profit if I part it out, or I could salvage some parts of my own.

What I'd most enjoy doing is maybe selling the 965, the GTX 550Ti, the RAM, the burner, the motherboard (if it's not some Dell locked down thing), and then maybe the case Idk. Then If I make about $200ish in profit I'd wanna sell my 920 and then get a 970 or 980 (or even a 980x if I can win one for $300).

What do you all think?? Is it worth it or would it be not worth the effort of finding homes for everything?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Yes. Don't hesitate if you have the cash.

And what do you think I should do with it, it's pretty much inferior in every way to my computer now. Just has a "better" processor, that's clocked lower anyway lol

Heck yes!!

And then do what? lol

Resell, keep it , that's a superb deal.

Do you think I should sell it as one piece, or part it out??

Yes!

Price dependent i would take the 560 off your hands, and the 965. Heck the RAM too if its decent.

BUY IT!!!!

Yes!

Price dependent i would take the 560 off your hands, and the 965. Heck the RAM too if its decent.

BUY IT!!!!

It's a 550, not a 560. But if you know that then maybe.

Why the 965? Your 930 seems to be clocking nicely, the 965 is a cash cow (which I shall use to my benefit :D)

I'll letcha know on the RAM, I was surprised that I was able to get $30 for 6GB of memory on Ebay (well before they took their little cut). Maybe we could work out something though!

I wonder what PSU it's running and if the water cooler isn't any kind of proprietary thing that is built into the case.

Yes!

BUY IT!!!!

It's a 550, not a 560. But if you know that then maybe.

Why the 965? Your 930 seems to be clocking nicely, the 965 is a cash cow (which I shall use to my benefit :D)

I'll letcha know on the RAM, I was surprised that I was able to get $30 for 6GB of memory on Ebay (well before they took their little cut). Maybe we could work out something though!

I wonder what PSU it's running and if the water cooler isn't any kind of proprietary thing that is built into the case.

550 is still a good upgrade for me. Yeah your probably right about the 965, it won't run any cooler than my 930 at those speeds. What cooler is it under?

Do you know what speed the ram is? And brand?