Onion

Wisdom teeth

Out of curiosity, do any of you also have bad reactions to ibuprofen? They gave me 800 mg for my accident, and it made me feel really hot, sick, and nauseous. I have no tolerance to any kind of pill, even 400 mg of ibuprofen (my dose for high pain, 200 mg for low pain) makes me feel pretty weird.

my daughter.

she had this allergic reactions  with "any" analgesic/paracetamol and worst with ibuprofen than will trigger anaphylaxis. how strange that back with the old days that she can pop those pills without any problems at all. she was due to have her 2 lower wisdom tooth(horizontally impacted) to be extracted, her doctors are still working out which alternative pain relievers would fit for her at the post op. her recent skin test came out positive with tramadol :( and i'm hoping that soon there would be a perfect match for her.

imagine how difficult it is if you have allergic reactions with pain killers, my poor child :(

just my piece of advice Onoin, STAY AWAY with ibuprofen. looks like it doesn't fit for you either.

Only those who are true life *livers*....ruin their liver :lol:

I hate you so much. :lol:

Well its been 7 days now since I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted. Bottom two were impacted and pushing back molars, the stitches look like they've already fallen out however I still have visible holes where the teeth were pulled. I can't tell if I have a dry socket or not because I've literally felt no pain whatsoever over the past 7 days.... Any pointers or tips?

I haven't had to use painkillers at all....

A dry socket will make you wish you were dead. You're in the clear, just keep the areas extremely clean and chew with your front teeth. I ate meat and stuff on the third week, and soft solids on the second.

But I've literally felt no pain during the healing process whatsoever. I think something may have knocked out my sense of pain or something so I don't know how else I can tell... x.x

Even if you have a dry socket, it's not a big deal, it just hurts more. Just don't touch it, let it heal, and make sure no food gets stuck. If you want, shove a flashlight in your mouth and look for a hole. If there was a huge surge of blood a few days after, then it's possible. If you don't smoke, don't touch it, and don't use a straw, then it's highly unlikely.

Even if you have a dry socket, it's not a big deal, it just hurts more. Just don't touch it, let it heal, and make sure no food gets stuck. If you want, shove a flashlight in your mouth and look for a hole. If there was a huge surge of blood a few days after, then it's possible. If you don't smoke, don't touch it, and don't use a straw, then it's highly unlikely.

I see, appreciate the advice. I'll just do what I normally do and see what happens. Thanks Onion.

Might have to get the two on the bottom removed if they, atm they're growing at 45 degrees into my molars :D Why couldn't they take after the top ones :(

Good luck man XD

I may be joining the crowd in a few months. Bottom two are breaking through at 45 degree angles....

I see, appreciate the advice. I'll just do what I normally do and see what happens. Thanks Onion.

Might have to get the two on the bottom removed if they, atm they're growing at 45 degrees into my molars :D Why couldn't they take after the top ones :(

Good luck man XD

Honestly, don't worry. If you had a dry socket, you'd know. Also, you DEFINITELY would feel it. You'd have exposed nerves, which would hurt like hell, no matter what the current situation is. 

I had all 4 done. It was painful. The pain drugs afterwords made me loopy as hell.

I'd avoid the drugs. They do help with the pain, but you turn into a useless lump of sedated human.