Sign in to follow this  
damian

best way to find system admin for hire?

Me and my partner are currently looking for a system administrator to help keep our servers (mail and DNS) up and healthy and any general troubleshooting that could arise.

We need someone tech/linux/network savvy. 

I was hoping maybe someone here has tried some of those freelancer sites and could recommend one based on their experience.

and fer anyone lookin for great network monitoring sofware, the Spiceworks prgram is it. and it's FREE!

This is actually one of the services the company I work for offers. If you would like some information on our managed service contracts just shoot me a PM. 

As for freelancer sites I suggest staying away from them. You will rarely find someone that really knows what they are doing on those sites. Spiceworks is a good place for information and finding legitimate freelance consultants. 

@kyfire: Spiceworks is great for network inventory, server monitoring, etc but imo the network monitoring capabilities of spiceworks is not that great. "The Dude" network monitor from Mikrotik is much better for that specific application and is also free. For example at work we use spiceworks for inventory auditing and server monitoring but we use the dude for network monitoring.