I am DOOMED!

usama7

Just wanted to share this. We only have one main ISP here and use their EVDO 3.1 Mbps connection. Starting last month, they have decided that the absolute limit for anyone using these EVDO services; either 3.1Mbps or the "mighty" 9.3Mbps can be...wait for it...a whopping 50 GB per month! And I have used up that data volume even while I am writing this post. I am doomed! :wallbash:  :doh:

Time to get a petition in your area to raise the cap, that's ridiculous. I hate how wireless/wired internet providers treat the customers like garbage (especially monopolies like your company is)

• Like 1

50GB seems pretty small to me... But then again most of us here use the internet more than your average user. Torrents here and there....

Thats pretty bad... I suggest you go with IVIY's recommendation and try to get a petition, adding a 50GB cap when there wasnt one is pretty horrid

@IVIY... Petitions dont work here that well. People will probably switch services till the ISP comes back to their senses. My ISP came up with a promotion for the EVDO services due to Eid and the national independence day occurring in the same week. They did the same sort of thing with their wired broadband services a while back and reduced the data cap to 50GB for some time; now the wired broadband has a data cap of 300GB. 

@Spike... I know that 50GB is a lot for the average user but I am not an average user. I have a desktop,  my father's laptop and my smartphone which use data when at home. And as Ccokeman said, people use torrents. I use torrents to watch shows and download movies as we dont get most of the fun channels here on cable. 

This is actually quite common worldwide, and it's the first thing I consider when I contemplate migrating to another country. Petitions don't work when they have a monopoly. I really hate ISP's, those greedy cocksuckers expect to get paid by everyone. Google, Netflix, the firm providing netflix, the consumer. Then they go and cap your internet on 50gb, pretending like bandwidth is liquid gold.