Transferring files between two networked PCs (Windows 7 Ultimate)

Hi,

I thought this would be easy but it has so far eluded me (it seems). All I want to do is transfer/move files - as opposed to merely sharing - from desktop computer A to desktop computer B which are connected by a Ethernet Crossover cable, and both of which run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The reason I want to do this is that computer A is almost full and computer B is almost empty. Just for your information, both PCs are sharing the same internet connection - but A has a wired connection and B has a wireless connection (via a USB dongle).

Yes, I've turned on network discovery. etc. After clicking on Network 2, the other PC (ie, B) shows up in the Network and Sharing Center - what do I do know?

Thanks,

DANNY 

Considering that both pc's are connected to the same network. Create a folder in the empty PC and share in read/write (share with everyone in network) if done right you should see it under network in the other PC (the full one). Open the created folder and then cut/paste the content you need to move around.

My guess is that your drives are not shared. So, it is easier if you:
open up Windows Explorer (each computer-one at a time)
right click on the C: crive
select share with/advanced sharing

click on Advaced Sharing

check mark 'Share this folder'

Change Share Name to something like CDrive

click on Permissions and 'Allow' Full Control - then click O/K

Now, under Explorer, you should see the shared folders.

Drag and Drop at your leisure

When you are done you can go back and unshare your drives.

Edited by AkakmanH