Kids can't use computers...

Andrewr05

I use it to my social advantage, seems to be more popular with the ladies as they widdle iphones always are having this and that wrong. I first tell them to get Android and then I'll offer help :lol:

If I tell them that their idevice is not the best on the market, they'll start thinking that I'm not that geeky. :lol:

Edited by 96andrei

That's fine with me, ensures I'll always have computers to fix for people $$$$

You mean tablets lol

I use it to my social advantage, seems to be more popular with the ladies as they widdle iphones always are having this and that wrong. I first tell them to get Android and then I'll offer help :lol:

If I tell them that their idevice is not the best on the market, they'll start thinking that I'm not that geeky. :lol:
Yeah but you'll show them a whole new experience that they have control over and they'll cling to you out of fear of the unknown territory ;)

Many years ago when I were a lad my computer exam in school consisted of course work and a project.  The project had to be a program most of my class wrote databases, not used but wrote using BASIC.  I being a bit geeky did a version of space invaders using Z80 assembly on the Sinclair ZX81 (Timex T80).  While in college after I left school I also did a higher level computers in night class, this time I wrote Asteroids in Z80 on a Sinclair Spectrum. On both exams I scored maximum marks on my project, on my school exam I had a grade 1, on the night school exam I had a grade 'D' this was in the days of grades being 1-5 and A-E,  I got a grad 'D' as I didn't know my theory i.e. the history of computers.  The next year I dropped out of a higher level as I was told my the lecturer that we would not have to do programming for the exam but just use word processors, database and spreadsheet programs.

Four years after I left school one of my neighbors children did his computer exam I asked him what he did for his prodject and he proudly told me that he did ok on all practical parts of the exam, he then explained that he had to enter data, modify data and delete data on word-processor, database and spreadsheet.

I now have 5 children ranging from the ages pf 25 to 17 (3 girls and 1 boy) none of them have any interest in computers except for Facebook.